Re: Beatle's Trend Trading System

RollerAndTrading wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:14 am Hi Karl2007, i hope you are well.

i´m interested to do a backtest, is possible to share the trading conditions your used in the study?

You make a backtest on demo account, or using a simulator?

Regards.
Hi, I did the backtesting using the M30 and M15 charts, checking visually the signals and doing virtually the operation measuring the pips with the cross pointer. I moved back the chart and started on 6th December to18th.
For simulations, I use the Soft4Fx, but it doesn't work with complex indicators, so I didn't try to use it.

This is the Conditions for the backtesting. Someone can correct me if I have missed any important point to take in consideration.

- It's operated from 9:00 to 12:00 and 14:30 to 18:30. GMT+1 (operations are opened just in this time slot)
- Used the Forex pairs described in the study.

OPEN BUY OR SELL
Starting in a signal Zee Suport /Resistance or Scissors.
Sub-windows indicators should be aligned (apart from EMAs).
Trigger is all indicators aligned and EMA5 activated at closed candle.
Zee lines or Scissors signal should be activated during the current session.
Price should not be too far from signal when indicators are aligned.
Do not enter after a very long candle (volatility), wait next candle to decide.
SL placed under lower / over upper wick in signal generated with some space.

CLOSE Operations are closed manually with a contrary signal ( Zee Suport /Resistance or Scissors), when the candlestick that confirms the signal is closed.
Important: In the study, some operations are closed with the contrary signal out of the trading time (this is difficult to manage in real conditions). But for the study it doesn't matter.

So, it could be good to do this study in Forex, indexes, raw materials, etc. that you want to operate and Entry Time Frames you will choose for it.
These users thanked the author Karl2007 for the post:
RollerAndTrading

BeatlemaniaSA wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:01 pm It is the other way around. I take trades when I get confluence confirmation after the ZEE Support and Resistance and they happen to be at other support and resistance levels.
Hi, with 'other support and resistance levels' do you mean classical price action levels as support and resistance or trendlines? Do you consider also Moving Averages as dynamic levels?
What about Order Blocks in current and upper time frames?

Thanks to add more information on it.
These users thanked the author Karl2007 for the post:
RollerAndTrading

wojtek wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:48 pm Very interesting results. Have you tried to test using 5M?
No and I do not think that I will do, but I suggest to people that would like to operate in this time frame to do it. It is a good exercise to get used to the system.

After using the system several days my main concern now is how to avoid false signals. Then, it is necessary to take something else in consideration, not only the Zee signals and sub-indicators alignment in the ETF.

I am starting to check confluences with upper time frame. I am using M30 and H4. I would like to check if using signals confluence between M30 and H4 give better operations. I will share if I got any breakthrough.
M30 is a good ETF. I have 12 symbols and it is easy to detect several operations just in the morning, even looking at confluence with H4.
I suppose that lower time frames than M30 will suffer much more false signals. So, for me M30 is a good balance and for the moment I will not test them.

This is my assumption, but it is woth a try if anyone would like to operate just one commodity in M5 doing short trades. For it, backtesting and demo accounts exist to disspate these doubts.

“If you want different results, do not do the same things.”
— Albert Einstein —
These users thanked the author Karl2007 for the post (total 2):
RollerAndTrading, wojtek