Softfx Simulator and Dukascopy Tick Data not downloading

I have been using the SoftFX simulator for a long time and find it really good. However recently I had to reinstall windows 11 as it refused to accept new updates. Since then I have reinstalled everything but I can not get Softfx to download tick data from Dukascopy I just get this error in the MT4 files folder Forexsimulator errors log.

"2/12/2023 11:10:36 AM System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBitsResponseCallback(IAsyncResult result)"

I am wondering whether it is a Windows issue or whether Dukascopy has stopped downloads of the tick data?
nil desperandum

Re: Softfx Simulator and Dukascopy Tick Data not downloading

XXXX wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:24 pm I have been using the SoftFX simulator for a long time and find it really good. However recently I had to reinstall windows 11 as it refused to accept new updates. Since then I have reinstalled everything but I can not get Softfx to download tick data from Dukascopy I just get this error in the MT4 files folder Forexsimulator errors log.

"2/12/2023 11:10:36 AM System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

I am wondering whether it is a Windows issue or whether Dukascopy has stopped downloads of the tick data?
yes, you may have wiped a file from your windows docs (think it's a .ctf or something). Try downloading the latest version of softfx and redownload historic data for whichever charts you want, should work ok.

XXXX wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:24 pm I have been using the SoftFX simulator for a long time and find it really good. However recently I had to reinstall windows 11 as it refused to accept new updates. Since then I have reinstalled everything but I can not get Softfx to download tick data from Dukascopy I just get this error in the MT4 files folder Forexsimulator errors log.

maybe related but coincidently just received an email from softfx saying maybe problems downloading data if using older versions and to download latest version

Yes I have CTF files in the folder I told it to store them, it does NOT work when set to the default file location. Never had a problem with it storing data in the default MT4 files folder within the hidden apps folder before. I don't know if this is a softfx issue or Windows, what I do know is that you have to open data centre and change the file location to one of the normal user folders and it works.

I suspect it is something to do with Windows as this is a new installation of Windows 11. Never had any issues with Softfx before this new install.
nil desperandum