Re: Relative Trend Index MT4 Indicator request

chris006 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:46 am @Mrtools, @Kvak

Found the attached RTI at fxcodebase website. I do not know how faithful implementation of the Trading View indicator this is, but I hope the code can help in producing something close to the Trading View RTI or even more advanced.

Definitely something for myself and the coders to double-chedck.

I don't know if I'll have time to test this out today but the best way to confirm this is a legitimate port of RTI would be to do the following:
  • Download OANDA for MT4
  • Choose a specific instrument and timeframe
  • Load up OANDA on TradingView for the same instrument and timeframe
  • Load up the RTI indicator on both the MT4 and TradingView platforms with the same settings
  • Compare the appearance and values generated by the RTI on both charting platforms.
Let me know if this helps!

TransparentTrader wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:13 am Definitely something for myself and the coders to double-chedck.

I don't know if I'll have time to test this out today but the best way to confirm this is a legitimate port of RTI would be to do the following:
  • Download OANDA for MT4
  • Choose a specific instrument and timeframe
  • Load up OANDA on TradingView for the same instrument and timeframe
  • Load up the RTI indicator on both the MT4 and TradingView platforms with the same settings
  • Compare the appearance and values generated by the RTI on both charting platforms.
Let me know if this helps!

UPDATE - I had a pocket of free time pop up and I managed to take a look. There are definitely some similarities in the shape of the indicator across TradingView and MT4 but there are too many differences for this to be considered a clean port.

First, it is unclear which settings in the MT4 port correspond to which ones in the original TradingView indicator:

Second, you can clearly see visual differences in how the RTI looks on TradingView compared to MT4.

While the shape of the main line and signal line may be similar, there is definitely a difference in values. The TradingView version can go above 100 and below 0, whereas the MT4 version is stuck oscillating between 0 and 100:

Could this indicator serve as a draft version for kvak, mrtools, or any other expert coder on this to make a 100% faithful port? Absolutely.

But as it stands right now we're back to square one.

TransparentTrader wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:30 am UPDATE - I had a pocket of free time pop up and I managed to take a look. There are definitely some similarities in the shape of the indicator across TradingView and MT4 but there are too many differences for this to be considered a clean port.

First, it is unclear which settings in the MT4 port correspond to which ones in the original TradingView indicator:

Second, you can clearly see visual differences in how the RTI looks on TradingView compared to MT4.

While the shape of the main line and signal line may be similar, there is definitely a difference in values. The TradingView version can go above 100 and below 0, whereas the MT4 version is stuck oscillating between 0 and 100:

Could this indicator serve as a draft version for kvak, mrtools, or any other expert coder on this to make a 100% faithful port? Absolutely.

But as it stands right now we're back to square one.
Yeah, think it's missing the trend sensitivity percentage, that's where i got stuck.

Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Pucmola wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:33 am hello, I'm sending the basic version of the kxjkn indicator, maybe it will be useful for someone, for example .... for trade enter. My use was on ea as a confirmation - the candle crosses below kxjkn pink - sell. the candle crosses above the green - buy...or pullback...
enjoy
Hello, can you share this indicator from the bottom of the chart? Thank you very much