Re: Bollinger Bands type indicators for MT4

kvak wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:28 am Maybe this simple version.....

I'm not sure the instructions are quite the same, though excellent coding and close, Kvak.

In the instructions, are the 3 additional high/low levels calculated by measuring the distance between the Median Price and the High Price, and the Median Price and the Low Price?

Maybe these visual representations will help? (pictured)
I'm trying my best to describe it...

It's technically 3 extra High levels away from the Median and 3 extra Low levels away from the Median.

To me, it looks like you measured the distance from the High and the Low, then took that distance to use as the space between the High/Low Price and the new levels that you created.
Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not 100% sure, but that's what it appears to me..
Maybe you can see the difference in my screenshot drawings if they upload clear enough from my phone..

Thanks for your time, Kvak. You're a great coder.
Attachments
These users thanked the author GoldenBrett90 for the post:
kvak

GoldenBrett90 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:59 pm I'm not sure the instructions are quite the same, though excellent coding and close, Kvak.

In the instructions, are the 3 additional high/low levels calculated by measuring the distance between the Median Price and the High Price, and the Median Price and the Low Price?

Maybe these visual representations will help? (pictured)
I'm trying my best to describe it...

It's technically 3 extra High levels away from the Median and 3 extra Low levels away from the Median.

To me, it looks like you measured the distance from the High and the Low, then took that distance to use as the space between the High/Low Price and the new levels that you created.
Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not 100% sure, but that's what it appears to me..
Maybe you can see the difference in my screenshot drawings if they upload clear enough from my phone..

Thanks for your time, Kvak. You're a great coder.
Try now, and big THANKS to Kvak for his nice work getting it this far.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 9):
GoldenBrett90, Jimmy, TransparentTrader, ParallelNative, Krunal Gajjar, kvak, RodrigoRT7, boytoy, DaffyTaffy

mrtools wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:53 pm Try now, and big THANKS to Kvak for his nice work.
Very nice! Thanks, guys!

(My settings for this are LWMA, 8-period, Median.)
You can then use it to help judge the overextended moves of the immediate price-action.
These users thanked the author GoldenBrett90 for the post (total 4):
mrtools, Jimmy, kvak, RodrigoRT7
My goal is to make advanced algorithm strategies, coded and simplified.
Trading psychology and ease-of-use are top priorities.

-GoldenBrett90

Exequiel Cabrera wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:00 am Hello!! Mr. mrtools could add more Methods and more prices to this indicator as many as you can think of haha. Thank you!!
Bollinger Bands Moving Averages with Candlestick Overlay, On/Off Button & MA Filters

Added the averages and prices I have. Also added a on/off button along with auto width candles.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 16):
josi, maroka, kvak, boytoy, rudiarius, Exequiel Cabrera, Jimmy, Krunal Gajjar, thomdel, Skyold, talaate, Akela, traderokey, global, Mundu19, GoldenBrett90

Exequiel Cabrera wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:55 pm Hello!! Mr. mrtools could add more methods only to the indicator that I indicated is that I want to create an ea and in some assets it works better with x prices and methods, and in others it does not, that's why I needed more options.I'll leave it there again
Dude you are being ungrateful you have not even thanked Mrtools for the upgraded code..... get real stop your whinging & asking for source codes
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post (total 4):
ChuChu Rocket, maroka, kvak, boytoy
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈