Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

stond wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:54 pm Display
Set text and font size to 100%
Install the fonts from the "Fonts" attachment.

stond
Thank you for the tip. I downloaded the font. I set the interface to 100%. Unfortunately, it didn't help. I know that you can adjust the font, but you need to go deeper into the system settings. I don't remember the access path and steps. Someone already asked about something similar in this thread. There are so many sites with valuable information that I have trouble finding the answer. Maybe someone knows how to match the font to the indicators on the chart. Anyway, thank you again.
Attachments

If you set the font at 100% it should display alright at the computers native resolution:

On the desktop -> mouse right click -> display settings -> under Scale and Layout, choose 100% -> Display resolution should be the recommended (native resolution)

restart MT4

The letters might be small and a bit hard to read if the computer resolution is high but it should display alright

88FX88 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:24 pm Thank you for the tip. I downloaded the font. I set the interface to 100%. Unfortunately, it didn't help. I know that you can adjust the font, but you need to go deeper into the system settings. I don't remember the access path and steps. Someone already asked about something similar in this thread. There are so many sites with valuable information that I have trouble finding the answer. Maybe someone knows how to match the font to the indicators on the chart. Anyway, thank you again.
These users thanked the author chris006 for the post:
88FX88

88FX88 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:24 pm Thank you for the tip. I downloaded the font. I set the interface to 100%. Unfortunately, it didn't help. I know that you can adjust the font, but you need to go deeper into the system settings. I don't remember the access path and steps. Someone already asked about something similar in this thread. There are so many sites with valuable information that I have trouble finding the answer. Maybe someone knows how to match the font to the indicators on the chart. Anyway, thank you again.
With MT4 running right click on the icon on the taskbar, right click on mt4 in the menu that pops up, left click on properties. select compatibility tab, then "change high DPI settings" tick override high DPI scaling, then select system in the drop down box, then ok and ok again, restart MT4 and buy me a beer.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 3):
chris006, 88FX88, ODJ
nil desperandum

XXXX wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:59 pm With MT4 running right click on the icon on the taskbar, right click on mt4 in the menu that pops up, left click on properties. select compatibility tab, then "change high DPI settings" tick override high DPI scaling, then select system in the drop down box, then ok and ok again, restart MT4 and buy me a beer.
Thank you for the tip. I also found this method and I still have the same problem. A very strange situation. I will keep trying until I succeed. Thank you anyway. I'll be happy to buy you a beer, even more than one :)) Have a nice day!

Here is a link discussing this issue. However, it didn't work for me. I'm still looking for a solution.

viewtopic.php?t=8475202&hilit=resolution&start=180

88FX88 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:23 pm Thank you for the tip. I also found this method and I still have the same problem. A very strange situation. I will keep trying until I succeed. Thank you anyway. I'll be happy to buy you a beer, even more than one :)) Have a nice day!

Here is a link discussing this issue. However, it didn't work for me. I'm still looking for a solution.

viewtopic.php?t=8475202&hilit=resolution&start=180
That is odd, if the Font package is installed and high DPI setting is right it should be good. I would double check that the Font installation is correct, Fonts should appear correctly regardless of Windows scaling.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post:
88FX88
nil desperandum

XXXX wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:27 am That is odd, if the Font package is installed and high DPI setting is right it should be good. I would double check that the Font installation is correct, Fonts should appear correctly regardless of Windows scaling.
Hi, you're right. Today I did everything again from the beginning, with a fresh head. It's ok. Works like a charm :)) Thx!
These users thanked the author 88FX88 for the post:
XXXX

Hi XARD, may I ask you a couple of questions regarding your psychology applied to trading this strategy?

1. How do you prepare yourself psychologically and emotionally when a possible trade is on the horizon?

2. How do you emotionally manage and process decisions when you are in a trade?

I really think psychology in trading is the most important trait a trader can have.
If any other user that has become consistent using this strategy wants to share their personal idea, It would be very appreciated.

Good trading everyone.

XARD: I look at 15min, 5min then 1min charts before pulling the trigger
Attachments
These users thanked the author LorenzoNexus for the post:
Flandria2
Keep calm, and drink hot tea ~

HI
THE INDEX ENTRY INDICATOR DOES NOT REFRESH WHEN I ATTACHED IT ON THE CHART
IS IT AN MT4 ERROR OR HOW CAN I MAKE IT REFRESH
I MEAN WHEN I CHANGE THE CHARTS ITS SHOWING ME THE INDEX ENTRY AND WHEN I DON'T CHANGE THE CHARTS IT DOES NOT SHOW

HOW TO MAKE IT WORK WITHOUT CHANGING THE CHART ?

REGARDS ,

XARD: I took it off my setup, no longer use it (as part of my Reduction Act of 2023).

Trading WS30 again, it's a no brainer. can't wait until US opens.
Xard777

On a side note,
I finished reading the new Elon Musk hardcover book at the weekend. Good read, I thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend it to everyone out there..
There was a piece in it where Elon's dad Errol Musk talks about the blacks in SA wanting the white man out of the country and he says "if the whites leave that the blacks will go back to the trees" and everyone that I mention it to says that it was racist of him to say that.

Well I do not think it was a racist remark (yes, I am a white dude duh!). No, what I think is that he was plainly stating a fact, that if whites were to leave SA that blacks would indeed go back to the trees. Now if you think that they would be swinging from the trees then it is you that is the racist (rightly so). But if you are like me and think that yes, they would go back to the trees as their only source of fuel to make their food then that would be stating a fact and not making a racist remark. Yes, I think if the whites were to leave that the blacks would end up decimating the trees for fire wood to cook with. Not only would they have to walk for miles every day for muddy water but also to forage for trees. They would no doubt end up living in non-gated shanty towns with corrugated sheeting and while after getting their daily steps in, at night when cooking their one and only evening meal they would be subject to listen to the sounds of their neighbours screams as they are having their breast surgically removed by a machete wielding Surgeon General while simultaneously being gang raped by his entourage... oh wait! that is racist, strike that. she is no doubt in her gated blacks only community swimming in her luxurious Olympic sized pool while waiting for her latest refreshed model 3 car to charge up in her garage.

I think I will go an buy the book on Steve Jobs by the same author.

NB I have three charts on display on my screen. However, when I click on any chart and close my position the close script takes a snapshot of the chart I last clicked on prior to closing out the trade. That is why I displayed a 1min chart on my first trade and a 5min chart on my second trade. I just have to keep it in mind for future continuity.
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 7):
Forexlearner, BeatlemaniaSA, Flandria2, marwilli, maroka, ODJ, Shockr
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world