Re: Step Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:07 pm Step Indicators for MT4

What is a Step indicator?

A Step indicator is the process of visually breaking a sloped line, into "steps". These steps display incremental values in step size. Step size can be specified as pips, and is adjustable within the indicator's options.
Dear mrtools
Is it possible add the step calculation to this indicator and update "smoothing method" parameter with all latest averages

Thanks
These users thanked the author kaneki for the post:
MKL222

kaneki wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:55 am Dear mrtools
Is it possible add the step calculation to this indicator and update "smoothing method" parameter with all latest averages

Thanks
Added a step calculation and the averages, not sure how useful the step will be though.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
Chickenspicy, kaneki, RodrigoRT7, simon_n3z

kaneki wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:48 pm Sorry Mrtools, does the indicator really look normal like this?
I found an old step linear momentum indicator on this forum and tried comparing it, viewtopic.php?p=1295418280#p1295418280

Think I answered your question already when I posted the indicator and stated not sure how useful it would be. About the earlier version doing some research and if I find a useful solution will post it.

mrtools wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:18 am Think I answered your question already when I posted the indicator and stated not sure how useful it would be. About the earlier version doing some research and if I find a useful solution will post it.
Thank you very much mrtools
Hope you can find a solution because the indicator also doesn't work on renko chart

Step Moving Average with Heiken Ashi Candlesticks or High/Low/Close Calculation

This is step ma with heiken ashi candles and in this indicator is possible calculate step ma not only from close/high/low prices but also with value from heiken candles.

LikeRe: Step Indicators for MT4

kvak wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:47 am Step Moving Average with Heiken Ashi Candlesticks or High/Low/Close Calculation

This is step ma with heiken ashi candles and in this indicator is possible calculate step ma not only from close/high/low prices but also with value from heiken candles.
Astonishing coding feat Kvak, this indicator has hit a milestone at over 90+ MA Filters! I can't believe you managed to fit that many into one code man. Crazy 🙉
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 7):
boytoy, 太虚一毫, moey_dw, kvak, BeatlemaniaSA, maroka, GoldenBrett90
Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance