Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

kvak wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:22 am Just experiment what I see on other forum. This indicator plot 2x ma and ma with keltner channel.
Fast ma have 3 state of coloring by slope, cross of channel and cross of channel filtered with slow ma. Experimenting with periods recomended...

Hi Kvak, I was looking at this indicator. It will be interesting if you are able to do a "Guppy Style" with example, 5xMA cross with the Keltner.

And speaking of Keltner, I discovered an old code in my post above for "Squeeze Break". This is an improved version of what John Carter uses (Bollinger and Keltner channels compression to anticipate upcoming trends.

Very Important tip: As I have realised after trading, big trends will come after compressions of Moving Averages (Guppy) or Volatility (Bollinger/Keltner),

Just some idea to you for the merging between Guppy style MA and Keltner/Bollinger. Showing candles will definitely help (Bull/Bear/Neutral Candles).
These users thanked the author sylvester21 for the post (total 2):
kvak, RodrigoRT7

sylvester21 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:38 pm Hi MrTools thanks so much for this.
However I think there's some bug with the original code, if i zoom in/out on a timeframe with this indicator , all my other indicators button will disappear. I have to switch to other TF and back , and they reappear. Could you have a look if the bug is repairable? Thanks
Yeah pretty sure I found the problem, it had an object delete all function without specifying which object to delete, so added an ObjId to name the object for it to delete, hopefully this fixed it.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
sylvester21

sylvester21 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:41 pm Hi Kvak, I was looking at this indicator. It will be interesting if you are able to do a "Guppy Style" with example, 5xMA cross with the Keltner.

And speaking of Keltner, I discovered an old code in my post above for "Squeeze Break". This is an improved version of what John Carter uses (Bollinger and Keltner channels compression to anticipate upcoming trends.

Very Important tip: As I have realised after trading, big trends will come after compressions of Moving Averages (Guppy) or Volatility (Bollinger/Keltner),

Just some idea to you for the merging between Guppy style MA and Keltner/Bollinger. Showing candles will definitely help (Bull/Bear/Neutral Candles).
5x Moving Averages (Guppy) with Keltner Channel for trend trading

I'm not sure about the clarity of the graph, there are a lot of lines, but made this version for your tests......try it

For the simplified 2x MA version, please see: PS: For the Guppy style 5x MA version, please see: 2x MA with Keltner Channel for MT4.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 11):
RodrigoRT7, sylvester21, Jimmy, rowlence, josi, 88FX88, Chickenspicy, Abdi, alexm, Mundu19, Jedidiah

kvak wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:21 am I'm not sure about the clarity of the graph, there are a lot of lines, but made this version for your tests......try it
Good day Teacher
Sorry to interrupt, but can u kindly share an mt5 version of this indicator,,, it looks quite interesting for scalping, I'm sure it can benefit a lot , especially when it comes to Volatility Indices, Boom and Crush

Much thanks from Zimbabwe 🇿🇼🇿🇼🙏🙏🇿🇼🇿🇼 😭 Mr Tools , i beg for an mt5 version of that indicator with arrows and alerts when arrow appears

Please Teacher 🙏🥺

rowlence wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:01 pm Good day Teacher
Sorry to interrupt, but can u kindly share an mt5 version of this indicator,,, it looks quite interesting for scalping, I'm sure it can benefit a lot , especially when it comes to Volatility Indices, Boom and Crush

Much thanks from Zimbabwe 🇿🇼🇿🇼🙏🙏🇿🇼🇿🇼 😭 Mr Tools , i beg for an mt5 version of that indicator with arrows and alerts when arrow appears

Please Teacher 🙏🥺
Removed your additional post. No need to spam requests, please follow the rules and give Mrtools a chance to come online first.
Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance