Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Neroloft wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:21 am hi all, for those of you who are new in xard system, please do not be confused with the difference of charts you see or we use.
i use the 2nd dot indicator 1st is for my chart simplicity, as much as i want to use the beautifully designed graphical indicators from xard and other contributors, it lags my jurassic setup to the max! :lmao:

XARD STFTS is price action based, it already shows possible reversal areas and possible trade entry (and confirmation). it took me a while the importance of TMA confirmation to filter wrong entries. and yes as XARD said his system is not rocket science. :think:

if you find this hard to understand, screentime is the key + your interest to learn. no need to jump from one system to another. :exclaim:

if you will try to understand the concept from the image, even just with few indicators you will be able to trade. :idea:
A nice drawing in a perfect trading setup. Buy low sell high/ trade the pullback etc. Many strategies with the same concept. Only remark: where to exit? this will be clear when the reverse setup will be valid -2nd dot- ergo the 'exit' dot/square will move along up or down till the reverse/contra move is there. Trendline break perhaps?
These users thanked the author Meyney for the post (total 4):
xard777, VespaTrader, stond, Erebøs_X

VespaTrader wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:22 am How to add this to the Xard .tpl file ???? :Rofl: You have to admit it is much more obvious than colours :Fire:
Here you go. Add this to your Indicators folder then attach it to the chart. Then right-click and save it as a template. The Xard system is now perfect :)

Here's the source code.

Code: Select all

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                                     DuckBias.mq4 |
//|                                       Copyright 2023, DaffyTaffy |
//|                                                                  |
#property copyright "Copyright 2023, DaffyTaffy"
#property link      ""
#property version   "1.00"
#property strict
#property indicator_chart_window
//| Custom indicator initialization function                         |
int OnInit()
  {
//--- indicator buffers mapping
DisplayLogo();
//---
   return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);
  }
//| Custom indicator iteration function                              |
int OnCalculate(const int rates_total,
                const int prev_calculated,
                const datetime &time[],
                const double &open[],
                const double &high[],
                const double &low[],
                const double &close[],
                const long &tick_volume[],
                const long &volume[],
                const int &spread[])
  {
//---

//--- return value of prev_calculated for next call
   return(rates_total);
  }

void DisplayLogo()
{
    ObjectCreate(0,"logo", OBJ_BITMAP_LABEL,0,0,0);
    ObjectSetString(0,"logo",OBJPROP_BMPFILE, "\\Images\\biasduck.bmp");

// Set the anchor point to the bottom right corner
    ObjectSetInteger(0, "logo", OBJPROP_CORNER, CORNER_LEFT_UPPER);

ObjectSetInteger(0,"logo",OBJPROP_XDISTANCE, 30);
    ObjectSetInteger(0,"logo",OBJPROP_YDISTANCE, 30);
}
Side Note: After going through quite a bit of past posts and testing, I was able to grasp the 2nd dot concept. Maybe this is just me, but I found it easier to spot with v65. Was able to book profit on NAS100 yesterday. It was one quick scalp to the 23.6% ADR level. I was late to the move but happy with what I got. Took some on HK50 today too. Really love using this on Indices.

A few notes that hopefully help other newbs like me. Other than the obvious cues, make sure the RSIOMA in the sub-window shows a corresponding colour to the direction you're trading in. Pink dots below the Daily Open or Blue dots below the Daily Open on 30m timeframes tend to do exceptionally well. It even works on the 1M timeframe but for those types of trades, I'd recommend targeting a set no of pips as opposed to the ADR levels and trading solely off the initial second dot after an arrow appears.

Edit: My attachments were missing
These users thanked the author DaffyTaffy for the post (total 2):
VespaTrader, RodrigoRT7

DaffyTaffy wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:54 am Here you go. Add this to your Indicators folder then attach it to the chart. Then right-click and save it as a template. The Xard system is now perfect :)

Here's the source code.

Code: Select all

//|                                                     DuckBias.mq4 |
//|                                       Copyright 2023, DaffyTaffy |
//|                                                                  |
#property copyright "Copyright 2023, DaffyTaffy"
#property link      ""
#property version   "1.00"
#property strict
#property indicator_chart_window
//| Custom indicator initialization function                         |
int OnInit()
  {
//--- indicator buffers mapping
DisplayLogo();
//---
   return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);
  }
//| Custom indicator iteration function                              |
int OnCalculate(const int rates_total,
                const int prev_calculated,
                const datetime &time[],
                const double &open[],
                const double &high[],
                const double &low[],
                const double &close[],
                const long &tick_volume[],
                const long &volume[],
                const int &spread[])
  {
//---

//--- return value of prev_calculated for next call
   return(rates_total);
  }

void DisplayLogo()
{
    ObjectCreate(0,"logo", OBJ_BITMAP_LABEL,0,0,0);
    ObjectSetString(0,"logo",OBJPROP_BMPFILE, "\\Images\\biasduck.bmp");

// Set the anchor point to the bottom right corner
    ObjectSetInteger(0, "logo", OBJPROP_CORNER, CORNER_LEFT_UPPER);

ObjectSetInteger(0,"logo",OBJPROP_XDISTANCE, 30);
    ObjectSetInteger(0,"logo",OBJPROP_YDISTANCE, 30);
}
Side Note: After going through quite a bit of past posts and testing, I was able to grasp the 2nd dot concept. Maybe this is just me, but I found it easier to spot with v65. Was able to book profit on NAS100 yesterday. It was one quick scalp to the 23.6% ADR level. I was late to the move but happy with what I got. Took some on HK50 today too. Really love using this on Indices.

A few notes that hopefully help other newbs like me. Other than the obvious cues, make sure the RSIOMA in the sub-window shows a corresponding colour to the direction you're trading in. Pink dots below the Daily Open or Blue dots below the Daily Open on 30m timeframes tend to do exceptionally well. It even works on the 1M timeframe but for those types of trades, I'd recommend targeting a set no of pips as opposed to the ADR levels and trading solely off the initial second dot after an arrow appears.

Edit: My attachments were missing

I forgot to add, you have to save the image in your MQL4/Images folder as "biasduck.bmp" or you can edit the code to whatever filename you want.

kvak wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:39 am I made one version and posted it HERE
Ok, I did some test and I think it's very good. Better than expected because you didn't merge the indications all in one but left both the histos, so the trader can see each singular tool variation! Really smart idea 😎 Thanks again for your efforts!
Have a good weekend you all! 😊
These users thanked the author AleIcs for the post:
VespaTrader

DaffyTaffy wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:58 am I forgot to add, you have to save the image in your MQL4/Images folder as "biasduck.bmp" or you can edit the code to whatever filename you want.
Yeah I did that, the result is nice but my aim was to replace the dots by icons instead of colours I can't correctly see. See here a example with apricots for Bulls and eggplant for Bears :)

Thanks for the template and second dot explanation anyway!
Attachments
Eggplant indicator Eggplant indicator
These users thanked the author VespaTrader for the post:
DaffyTaffy
The key to freedom is courage.

Meyney wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:34 am A nice drawing in a perfect trading setup. Buy low sell high/ trade the pullback etc. Many strategies with the same concept. Only remark: where to exit? this will be clear when the reverse setup will be valid -2nd dot- ergo the 'exit' dot/square will move along up or down till the reverse/contra move is there. Trendline break perhaps?
When price reaches the channel line, watch for movement to slow and stall at or beyond the channel line. Also watch for levels of previous Semaphores, taking profit can be more of an art than science sometimes. The attached indicator makes it obvious where the previous Semaphore levels are.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 11):
RollerAndTrading, VespaTrader, stond, Giangyforex, xard777, juantrader, LJC, Mundu19, Meyney, Musashi, Skyold
nil desperandum

I still have an indicator to update, once done I will post for everyone to try out.
Have a great weekend.
Xard
Attachments
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

Neroloft wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:21 am hi all, for those of you who are new in xard system, please do not be confused with the difference of charts you see or we use.
i use the 2nd dot indicator 1st is for my chart simplicity, as much as i want to use the beautifully designed graphical indicators from xard and other contributors, it lags my jurassic setup to the max! :lmao:

XARD STFTS is price action based, it already shows possible reversal areas and possible trade entry (and confirmation). it took me a while the importance of TMA confirmation to filter wrong entries. and yes as XARD said his system is not rocket science. :think:

if you find this hard to understand, screentime is the key + your interest to learn. no need to jump from one system to another. :exclaim:

if you will try to understand the concept from the image, even just with few indicators you will be able to trade. :idea:
Hi everyone from FS,
in real it looks exactly like this.
TMA ATR channel set to H1.
TMA recalculates but there is no big deviation here.
Two indicators in total.
Indicators are from Kvak and Banzai.

Regards everyone
stond
These users thanked the author stond for the post (total 10):
xard777, DaveTrader, juantrader, Mundu19, RodrigoRT7, LJC, eduarescobar, chris006, QueenEvelyn, Skyold

Meyney wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:34 am Only remark: where to exit? this will be clear when the reverse setup will be valid -2nd dot- ergo the 'exit' dot/square will move along up or down till the reverse/contra move is there. Trendline break perhaps?
This is subjective and depends on the skill/experience of a trader.
While, Xard suggests to exit on the next dot,
I usually trail price or just TP when happy. 😊
These users thanked the author Neroloft for the post (total 6):
xard777, DaveTrader, Mundu19, Meyney, RodrigoRT7, Erebøs_X
"That which is, already has been; that which is to be, already has been;"