Re: Something interesting please post here (Metatrader)

Jedidiah wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:19 am Losing control of your emotions can be a hindrance to trading. Learn to control your emotions from the little things in life. instead of emotions controlling you

Take every thought captive unto Christ says the Bible
Renew your mind with the word
Submit unto God, humble yourself to him
Consecrate your heart, be afflicted mourn weep says Paul
Fasting is a very real way to shut down the flesh and open up the spirit
Faith will believe even if it must wait
Seek the Lord with all your heart and you will find him

Imagine being in the forest for hundreds of miles with no direction
At night with fog and owls
This is truly what your circumstances and life are like, if you dont have the Spirit of God with you are lost and easy prey
Hell is at the door knocking
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters

peteslee wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:28 am MACD
The MACD is used to determine the strength of the trend. Here's how this indicator is calculated:

26-day EMA (exponential moving average) – 12-day EMA (at the closing price)

If the MACD is positive, then this indicates an upward momentum. When the MACD goes up and crosses the signal line (as in the picture below), this is called a bullish intersection. This is usually the best time to buy.

If the MACD is negative, it indicates a negative momentum. When the MACD goes down, crosses the signal line and goes beyond it, this is called a bearish crossing. In this case, the asset is worth selling.
Why is your macd something interesting, we have macd's here coming out our ears and much better, can you show us a screenshot, why your macd is so special!
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
Chickenspicy, Jedidiah, kvak, RplusT

Hey Spicychicken from Chick-fil-A,

So, your reply is:

Hey man i can outsmart every argument you got

Brilliant, and modest!
YES, you can! Interesting though that for an Irishman (English speaking native) you write very poorly in spite of your verbiage. I unfortunately have portuguese (not as lucky as some Irish people!) as a primary language but still manage to have a little more vocabulary and respect grammatical rules. Shouldn't have dropped out of school so early, man! Maybe you could have even finished high school!

As to the rest of your proselytism (I bet you had to look that one up, uh?) it's absolutely typical of people of your persuasion. I don't even bother discussing with your kind. Too narrow minded for my taste.

All I did was ask politely to stop with that crap. You are aware that some people here do not profess the same religion, right? So, why don't you respect them and keep the topics within the boundaries of this forum?

I suggest you have a few of those communion wafers with a warm glass of milk and call it a day

Ricardo (from Portugal)

Chickenspicy wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:08 am Jedidiah reads the Bible so it is relevant information
You can attack but it wont work man
I know who i am

And yea you are hispanic lol
I love Portugal and Brazil
You are beautiful people yes
Dont know why yall are also hot headed
This is my last post addressed to you as I respect this Forum, and its members, unlike you!
I suggest you download the Duolingo app to learn English, since your domain of it is pitiful.
As to being "Hispanic lol", and "the Hispanics are the hardest ones to shut up lol" it just comes to show my point of you being an asshole on top of being a religious fanatic (same thing, on my point of view). Lol yourself into purgatory, heaven, or some fantasy place of your chosing! If I was of your caliber I could also mention the "drunken Irish", but will not!
As to your "YALL" it reveals your likely MAGA/NRA proud Kentucky redneck provenance or failed wannabe rapper attempt.

Hey man i can outsmart every argument you got

Yeah, right! SMART being the operative word!
Aren't you late for communion or something? Or is our parish priest still occupied fondling the 12 year old boys?
This forum is called "Something interesting please post here". Your bullshit does not fall within those parameters, so... shut up!
Get a life!

Code: Select all

( if you look at the code you will have a good idea how it works) I have used the rainbow for years but have modified Wickers rules to allow for more trading opportunities. Each trader must trade within their experience level and comfort zone. Just installed it but have not used it yet. 

There seems to be discussion regarding The Wicker Rules. IMHO each trader should learn the basics and then find what works for them and make the system "Their Own. " 

What works for me is to:

1) Check Rainbow Trend 5m & 2 t/fs higher 

2) Above/Below 20 & 50 Ma & previous high/low candle (20 MA and 50 MA many times will act as real time support & resistance) I usually stay away from a trade if price is between these 2 MA's for a period of time and not moving through them.

3) Trix Green/Red & above/below 0 line

4) Check Fib support/resistance

5) Distance to/from support/resistance & 200 MA and Open line. (price likes to hang around the 200 Ma and many times during the day will head for this MA) 

6) Lag RSI from 0.85 and/or 0.15 up or down

7) Time to News announcements ( have alert signal 30min and 5min to stay out)

8) Divergence on chart/TRIX

9) Time to Hour candle (if you watch a hour chart you will notice that there is usually a big move at the beginning of that candle) 
Some trading systems are built around the hour candle only. I personally do not trade only the hour candle but watch the time 
to that candle and used with the rainbow and obove checks gives me a edge.

When I am comfortable with above conditions I go long or short and only use stops as an emergency (computer crashes, war or such). I happen to have the time to watch and manage each trade. 

Sounds like alot of things to do, but with screen time and experience takes only seconds and becomes second nature. Through the years, like most, I have tried about every system out there and have always come back to Wickers Rainbow. The rainbow clearly depicts the trend and illustrates true from false breakouts. 

As I said earlier, this works for me. I used to scalp nothing but 1m charts but changed to 5m timeframe using above rules and my trading has improved immensely.

Maybe some bits or pieces of these comments will help some traders design a system that works for them.

I have been away from this thread for some time so this indie might be old news around here but I just came across it. If it has already been discussed, I apologize for the late post!

Note: I installed this indie after market close so it does not reflect current price action.

Regards and Good Trading only my 2 cents!

Cigarguy from forexfactory 
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters