Re: Improving X-Gen Trend Trading System

Dear Beatle and friends,

I have been testing this system a lot with TDI CB SSA EP and non-EP variants), using multiple combinations of signals from TDI CB SSA. So far, as of now, I think the best and most suitable setup for X-Gen is using RSI crossing 0 level. I am also experimenting with:
- 2x RSI : finding pending
- Heiken Ashi : Lots of HA variant out there. Basically HA is good but I think they overlapped with 2xMA - signals produced about the same. So, I stick with 2xMA.

I am also looking at a different Waddah Attar indicator, to suit Funchi Greedy System. Funchi already coded an indicator based on wae(mod + mtf)1.1. It is a bit different from what we are using, but should be okay. I am not planning to use wae(mod + mtf)1.1 because it display upwards (+ve) and downwards (-ve) histogram and that took a lot of screen space :sweat: I will mod the wae so that it will show one side only (upwards) and +ve/-ve by color change and it will match the wae that Funchi coded.

A lot of discussion about TDI in other topics in this forum, which is good, we can learn more about TDI. Here are a few TDI SSA indicators available and their characteristic/features that I know:

1. Indicator: TDI_CB_SSA_v1.0 (Currently use in X-Gen RedEye)
Features: Alerts, arrows
  • This version use SSA normalize calculation
  • Has option to show:
i. RSI signal cross
ii. RSI cross 0 Level
iii. RSI cross upper/lower Confidence Band (CB)
iv. RSI cross upper 0.4 Level and lower -0.4 Level

Note: TDI_CB_SSA_v1.1 to be released very soon (after final code check)
Additional features:
  • RSI cross Confidence Band 2nd time (like in Xard's 2nd dot)
  • MTF added

2. Indicator: ! Traders Dynamic Cb ssa norm Index (mtf + alerts + arrows)
Features: MTF, alerts, arrows
  • Only has option to show alert/arrow on RSI signal cross

3. Indicator: ! traders dynamic cb ssa norm ep index alerts arrows
  • This version use SSA Normalize End Point (EP) calculation
  • Has option to show alert/arrows on:
i. RSI signal cross
ii. RSI cross 0 Level

4. Indicator: Traders Dynamic_Cb_ssa ep norm Index_alerts+arrows new+2
i. RSI signal cross
ii. RSI cross 0 Level
iii. RSI cross Confidence Band (CB)

NOTE:
1. Indicator 1 and 2 produce same signals. The main difference are the options of showing alerts/arrows in Indicator 1 is much better.

2. Indicator 3 and 4 produce same signals. Indicator 4 has additional option to show alerts/arrows on RSI crossing CB and optimized codes.

3. EP vs Non-EP.
  • EP stands for 'End Point'.
  • EP version does not repaint, but non-EP repaint slightly (from my experience - 1 or 2 bars movement)
  • In EP version, SSA calculation use a certain limitation of past data (no incoming data), thus it will not recalculate, so no repainting.
  • in non-EP version, SSA calculates using past data and incoming data. This what make non-EP repaints to some extend.
  • Non-EP version were reported to cause some lagging when changing TF compared to EP. Based on my experience on my 4-year old laptop running about 20 charts simultaneously, all using TDI EP and Non-EP, I barely notice the differences. Subsecond difference is no issue. Perhaps in older machines, I don't know.

4. For X-Gen RedEye, I choose Indicator 1 because:
- It has more options of showing alerts/arrows
- RSI crossing 0 Level is better in non-EP TDI compared to EP TDI
- It is code optimized and faster (even when compared to most EP TDI)

Give me a few days to come out with new X-Gen RedEye template - to include MACD 1.2, modded WAE and new TDI. It will also include Mauro's WorkTime indicator that I code few days ago (showing range, HiLo value for Asian Sessions) if anyone wants it.

Cheers!
-RedEye-
These users thanked the author RedEye for the post (total 9):
thomdel, Woodyz, BeatlemaniaSA, varon, dio889, josi, chrisoko, eduarescobar, TradeXtra

CodeRe: Improving X-Gen Trend Trading System

RedEye wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:27 pm Dear Beatle and friends,

I have been testing this system a lot with TDI CB SSA EP and non-EP variants), using multiple combinations of signals from TDI CB SSA. So far, as of now, I think the best and most suitable setup for X-Gen is using RSI crossing 0 level. I am also experimenting with:
- 2x RSI : finding pending
- Heiken Ashi : Lots of HA variant out there. Basically HA is good but I think they overlapped with 2xMA - signals produced about the same. So, I stick with 2xMA.

I am also looking at a different Waddah Attar indicator, to suit Funchi Greedy System. Funchi already coded an indicator based on wae(mod + mtf)1.1. It is a bit different from what we are using, but should be okay. I am not planning to use wae(mod + mtf)1.1 because it display upwards (+ve) and downwards (-ve) histogram and that took a lot of screen space :sweat: I will mod the wae so that it will show one side only (upwards) and +ve/-ve by color change and it will match the wae that Funchi coded.

A lot of discussion about TDI in other topics in this forum, which is good, we can learn more about TDI. Here are a few TDI SSA indicators available and their characteristic/features that I know:

1. Indicator: TDI_CB_SSA_v1.0 (Currently use in X-Gen RedEye)
Features: Alerts, arrows
  • Has option to show:
i. RSI signal cross
ii. RSI cross 0 Level
iii. RSI cross upper/lower Confidence Band (CB)
iv. RSI cross upper 0.4 Level and lower -0.4 Level

Note: TDI_CB_SSA_v1.1 to be released very soon (after final code check)
Additional features:
  • RSI cross Confidence Band 2nd time (like in Xard's 2nd dot)
  • MTF added

2. Indicator: ! Traders Dynamic Cb ssa norm Index (mtf + alerts + arrows)
  • Only has option to show alert/arrow on RSI signal cross

3. Indicator: ! traders dynamic cb ssa norm ep index alerts arrows
i. RSI signal cross
ii. RSI cross 0 Level

4. Indicator: Traders Dynamic_Cb_ssa ep norm Index_alerts+arrows new+2
i. RSI signal cross
ii. RSI cross 0 Level
iii. RSI cross Confidence Band (CB)

NOTE:
1. Indicator 1 and 2 produce same signals. The main difference are the options of showing alerts/arrows in Indicator 1 is much better.

2. Indicator 3 and 4 produce same signals. Indicator 4 has additional option to show alerts/arrows on RSI crossing CB and optimized codes.

3. EP vs Non-EP.
  • EP stands for 'End Point'.
  • EP version does not repaint, but non-EP repaint slightly (from my experience - 1 or 2 bars movement)
  • In EP version, SSA calculation use a certain limitation of past data (no incoming data), thus it will not recalculate, so no repainting.
  • in non-EP version, SSA calculates using past data and incoming data. This what make non-EP repaints to some extend.
  • Non-EP version were reported to cause some lagging when changing TF compared to EP. Based on my experience on my 4-year old laptop running about 20 charts simultaneously, all using TDI EP and Non-EP, I barely notice the differences. Subsecond difference is no issue. Perhaps in older machines, I don't know.

4. For X-Gen RedEye, I choose Indicator 1 because:
- It has more options of showing alerts/arrows
- RSI crossing 0 Level is better in non-EP TDI compared to EP TDI
- It is code optimized and faster (even when compared to most EP TDI)

Give me a few days to come out with new X-Gen RedEye template - to include MACD 1.2, modded WAE and new TDI. It will also include Mauro's WorkTime indicator that I code few days ago (showing range, HiLo value for Asian Sessions) if anyone wants it.

Cheers!
-RedEye-
I look forward to this version and I have a lot of respect for your work, with redeye I understood a lot of things and my understanding is improving I hope one day to be able to help you it's frustrating not to to help because I'm really new to mt4

Re: Improving X-Gen Trend Trading System

RedEye wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:55 pm Hi Beatle and all friends,

Beatle has started this thread with a good system, perhaps we could contribute further on how to improve Beatle's XGen system that we have right now. Maybe we could share ideas and thoughts on
1. Trading strategies that are suitable with XGen, how to lower the risks and maximize profits. It will be great if we could together try finding a definitive method/conditions for entry, exit, setting SL/TP.
2. Which indicators that are essential, which are supporting or is there any other indicators that we should look at
3. Backtesting/forward testing results

What do you think?

-RedEye-
Thanks for the fantastic work you're already doing. It's a great idea.
I think that using MA say 50 or even 200 on higher time frame to filter the trades will help a lot. Taking trades on lower timeframes (with x-gen/redeye rules) only in the direction of the HTF MA. I was working on it with Funchi dashboard, but was set back with issues of re-entries. I'll get back to testing it with the latest version to see if the problem is resolved.
These users thanked the author TradeXtra for the post:
RedEye

Re: X-Gen Trend Trading System

Dear friends,

I have made templates for X-Gen RedEye if you want to use FNC Greedy System dashboard. They can be found here:
viewtopic.php?p=1295519178#p1295519178

Meanwhile, I am still finishing up the new X-Gen RedEye with new updates. Will take 1 or 2 more days because I am quite caught up with work matters lately, so sorry about that.

Cheers!

-RedEye-
These users thanked the author RedEye for the post (total 4):
dio889, funchi, TradeXtra, LittleCaro

Re: X-Gen Trend Trading System

RedEye wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:11 am Dear friends,

I have made templates for X-Gen RedEye if you want to use FNC Greedy System dashboard. They can be found here:
viewtopic.php?p=1295519178#p1295519178

Meanwhile, I am still finishing up the new X-Gen RedEye with new updates. Will take 1 or 2 more days because I am quite caught up with work matters lately, so sorry about that.

Cheers!

-RedEye-
You're already doing a lot, so thanks!
These users thanked the author TradeXtra for the post (total 2):
Paddygir, RedEye

RedEye XGen v202307

Hello friends,

Last weekend, I finally had some time to finish what I was planning to share. Working as a consultant in a construction site took all my time (and energy) last week.

Anyway, here is my latest setup - RedEye XGen v202307. This version has updated indicators and new look :Rofl: Lets take a brief look on the indicators:

2xMA (candles + arrows) BT 1.2.ex4
Description:
- Supports AHTF + MTF + Alerts + Arrows
- The same indicator used in our previous setup

WAE_v1.0.ex4 (new)
Description:
- Supports AHTF + MTF + Alerts + Arrows
- Plots Waddah Attar Explosion + ATR DeadZone
- 2 color scheme (Green = up and Red = down) for easier interpretation
- All histogram upwards to save screen space
- Shows similar signal with FNC Greedy System dashboard

WAE_v1.0_btn.ex4 (new)
Description:
- Functions exactly the same with WAE_v1.0.ex4 but with added button as alternative for us.
- Not loaded in the new template by default. Add it if you want to use it.
- I personally like Waddah Attar to be on screen all the time, so I don't use this.

MACD_MTF_v1.2.ex4
Description:
- Supports AHTF + MTF + Alerts
- Option to change color on signal cross, zero level cross and slope change
- For our strategy, we mainly use signal cross

TDI_CB_SSA_v1.1.ex4 (new)
Description:
- TDI + Confidence Band + SSA calculation (not an End-Point version)
- Support MTF + Alerts + Arrows
- Repaint slightly
- Option to give signal on
- Zero level Cross ; will show level 0 cross
- RSI signal Cross : will show RSI price and RSI signal cross
- OBOS level Cross : will show crossing of Level 0.4 and -0.4
- Confidence Bands Cross : will show all crosses of Confidence Bands (in and out)
- (New) Out Of Confidence Bands Cross : will show crosses of Confidence Bands from inside to outside only.
- For this strategy, we use Zero Level cross. But please also test other crossing too, especially Out Of Confidence Bands Cross.

TDI_EP_CB_SSA_v1.1.ex4 (new)
Description:
- TDI + Confidence Band + SSA calculation (End-Point version)
- Serves as alternative for those of us who want to use a non-repainting TDI
- Similar features with TDI_CB_SSA_v1.1.ex4
- Not loaded in the new template by default. Add it if you want to use it.

6 Signals MTF Mod.ex4 (new)
Description:
- This indicator is replacing '7 Signals MTF Mod.ex4' because Waddah Attar already presented in separate subwindow (WAE_v1.0.ex4).
- Now for entry, the best way is to wait for all 6 dots to change color. BUT for aggressive trader and risky entry, you can look only at Stoch and CCI (top 2 dots).

genessis histo BT.ex4
Description:
- The same indicator used in our previous setup.
- Button feature so it can be displayed on-top of 6 Signals
- Used as alternative or confirmation to 6 Signals
- FOr entry, wait for all vertical bars change to same color

Xuma (candles).ex4
Description:
- This indicator is based on slope of 2 (3) periods of SSL (Semaphore Signal Level) and Gann HiLo.
- Candles change color

FiboBB_v1.0.ex4
Description:
- Plots Bollinger Band based on Fibo

FiboSR_v1.0.ex4
Description:
- Plots Fibo based support & resistance levels

FractalSR_v1.0.ex4
Description:
- Plots fractals based support & resistance levels

SRZ_MTF_v1.0.ex4
Description:
- Plots support & resistance zones based on candle in any timeframe
- Supports AHTF + MTF + alerts

WorkTime_v1.0.ex4 (new)
Description:
- Indicator to plots Steve Mauro's WorkTime strategy that looks at candle movement withing Asian Session HiLo range, and trade it in London/NewYork session
- We can hide London and New York session box and only show Asian session box.

TradingSessions_v1.1.ex4 (new)
Description:
- Replacing TradingSessions_v1.0.ex4 to fix logical error with timezone when 'TimeMethod' set to 'Automatic Time Setting'
- Additional entry in Inputs tab : BrokerGMTOffset. Here we have to put our broker server time offset to GMT. For example, broker Pepperstone.com, as of 25th July 2023, while US daylight savings is in place, server time is set at GMT+3. So the input will be '3'. When the US is not under daylight savings, Pepperstone server time will be GMT+2 and we should put BrokerGMTOffset = 2. This BrokerGMTOffset need to be correct in order to show correct session time.

OpenTradeValues_v1.0.ex4
Description:
- To show stoploss and take profit values (currency) for any opened trade

My Color Notes V5 BT.ex4
Description:
- To put notes on the chart for reference.
- The template include sample of how it looks (button Buy and Sell). Feel free to change the displayed notes

Symbol changer profit display v5.1.ex4
Description:
- To quickly load and change symbol / timeframe on the same chart window
- In the template, I load the symbol 'manually'. Please change this according to your preferences.

Template:
- In this version, I provide 2 templates. They are the same, but with different color scheme.
- Default is the bright 'green-based' that suits my old and tired eyes. The other one is 'blue-based'.

SCREENSHOT
There is quite a big space on the right side of the chart for us to load any other indicators we like to assist us in our trading - indicators like !SM_NewHUD.ex4, dashboards, etc. -
-
MY HUMBLE REQUEST
This setup is based on Beatlemania's X-Gen Trend Trading strategy. We are looking to further improve the strategy and make it profitable and easy to use for all. So, if you use this setup, we really hope you can participate by sharing your experience and knowledge. Please share your trading tips, what you consider before entering/exiting a trade, what timeframe is better, any other consideration of entry/exit that we should look into (example: price action, moving average, oscillators, etc). Thank you! :D
. .
Cheers!
-RedEye-