Re: Waddah Attar Indicators for MT4

Thank you Banzai - useful to have the indicator versions which allow more flexibility to change the settings. :)

However, even in this version the MTF indicator will still repaint higher timeframe values on the lower timeframes for example, if you have the 4TF WAE indicator applied to the M5 showing both M5 and H1 timeframes, and, the H1 is flipping direction, it will 'repaint' all the bars for that entire last hour which could be many bars (even more pronounced if using Renko). As such it makes it look as if it repaints. What would be great is if it did not do this such as in the VQzz2 indicator that I attached earlier which has a setting called "True mode" to avoid this from happening. Hope this makes sense and hope someone can help with this. Thank you.
These users thanked the author Warlock77 for the post:
Banzai

Jimmy wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:20 pm Waddah Attar Explosion 4 x Timeframe Histogram Bars for MT4 and an original Waddah Attar Explosion source code
5 Time Frame Waddah Attar Explosion

In this version, you can change the WingDings Dot font codes such as squares, circles, stars, etc....
These users thanked the author Banzai for the post (total 5):
Jimmy, Krunal Gajjar, Chickenspicy, ParallelNative, SijjiN

Warlock77 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:19 am Thank you Banzai - useful to have the indicator versions which allow more flexibility to change the settings. :)

However, even in this version the MTF indicator will still repaint higher timeframe values on the lower timeframes for example, if you have the 4TF WAE indicator applied to the M5 showing both M5 and H1 timeframes, and, the H1 is flipping direction, it will 'repaint' all the bars for that entire last hour which could be many bars (even more pronounced if using Renko). As such it makes it look as if it repaints. What would be great is if it did not do this such as in the VQzz2 indicator that I attached earlier which has a setting called "True mode" to avoid this from happening. Hope this makes sense and hope someone can help with this. Thank you.
mrtools wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:52 am Multi time frame indicators by their nature will recalculate/repaint because if your say using it on a 4 hour chart and looking at a daily time frame on the indicator, there is a period of 6, 4 hour bars that can change direction before the daily bar is complete, hopefully that helps to explain.

More on this: Why do Multi-timeframe indicators need to repaint/recalculate?
These users thanked the author Banzai for the post:
Warlock77

Thanks for sharing and noted.

The author of the VQzz2 MTF indicator attached below added some code which stops the higher timeframe from 'overwriting' the values on the lower timeframe on previous already completed bars on the chart. It is switched on/off via the 'True mode' setting. I was hoping you could check it out to see of it would be possible to replicate this functionality within the WAE MTF indi. Thank you.
These users thanked the author Warlock77 for the post (total 2):
Banzai, SijjiN

kvak wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:00 am Waddah Attar Explosion Candlestick Overlay

Hello Kvak
Do you think it would be possible to make a moving average/high low line out of the candle indicator.
I think it would prove useful as a filter used as a MTF indicator on the lower TF charts.
Hopefully it would be an easy task, thanks for your work.
Nice to have the forum back :thumbup:

Tradehunter wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:47 am Hello Kvak
Do you think it would be possible to make a moving average/high low line out of the candle indicator.
I think it would prove useful as a filter used as a MTF indicator on the lower TF charts.
Hopefully it would be an easy task, thanks for your work.
Nice to have the forum back :thumbup:
Hello, sorry, I dont understand correctly, you mean subwindow indicator? Maybe picture with explanation would be useful for me....