Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

LJC wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:50 pm 1st XARD entry today. Hope this one pays more than the peanuts i got yesterday.

Have set the same trade. I'm just out of the trade.
The 2 point and below index entry. A picture book entry.

PS: Yesterday was the day for Nasdaq
These users thanked the author Skyold for the post (total 3):
LJC, Flandria2, maroka
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

LJC wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:11 pm Nice!!!! I have closed half and set the active entry to be, Just a little gamble.
I haven't closed half or 2/3 for over a year.
I've watched too many Tom Hougaard videos for that :)
There will definitely be the next chance for a new trade.
Skyold
These users thanked the author Skyold for the post (total 2):
LJC, maroka
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

Skyold wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:19 pm I haven't closed half or 2/3 for over a year.
I've watched too many Tom Hougaard videos for that :)
There will definitely be the next chance for a new trade.
Skyold
I don't know why i do it, I guess it's the "gambler" side of me.

Did you catch us30? The run up was so fast. When i saw it it was already running halfway up.

Anyway i am now watching xauusd.

UPDATE on xauusd : nice run up
Attachments

LJC wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:38 pm I don't know why i do it, I guess it's the "gambler" side of me.

Did you catch us30? The run up was so fast. When i saw it it was already running halfway up.

Anyway i am now watching xauusd.
My daily schedule for trading I have set (mostly):
London and German open: German DAX
1h 30min before New York open: DJ and Nas.
It is important to have a routine in trading.
Skyold
These users thanked the author Skyold for the post:
LJC

XXXX wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:09 pm I trade the Asian session on JPN225 (& HK50) every day. This morning I got in on M5 2nd dot near the high and blitzed my target in the first 20 minutes. It seems odd that the Asian session is so volatile and the London is much less active.
Hi XXXX,

I was asleep when that happened. The opening of the aus market is just too early for me.

That entry that you took was a beaut. One thing i notice is, you mentioned a 2nd dot on the M5. Looking back at my charts, my m5 does not show any 2nd dots. May i know if you are using a different semafor settings? Maybe it's just the broker. Thanks
Attachments

LJC wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:33 pm Hi XXXX,

I was asleep when that happened. The opening of the aus market is just too early for me.

That entry that you took was a beaut. One thing i notice is, you mentioned a 2nd dot on the M5. Looking back at my charts, my m5 does not show any 2nd dots. May i know if you are using a different semafor settings? Maybe it's just the broker. Thanks
I am using a different setup as per my thread, been using the same settings for well over a year. EXTDEPTH is 13 and 36 which seems to work well on JPN225. Japan opens at 10AM local time for me which suits me perfectly. It would be nice to trade US session but that opens at 11:30PM local time and I need my sleep.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 4):
LJC, maroka, akcodingeye, Skyold
nil desperandum