Re: X-Gen Trend Trading System

BeatlemaniaSA wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:07 pm Hi Redeye,

I am pleased that you have used the X-Gen system as a basis for your trading strategy :)

I love it when traders show their style and how they see the market. :thumbup:

Would you be willing to share your setup (indicators and template) for the forum members to test? Giving them the possibility to incorporate some of its components into their trading setup?

Warmest regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
Sharing? Yeah, why not, it is the main reason we are here - to share our ideas and knowledge. But it will have to wait until next week, I am currently outstation and do not have access to my trading computer at my home. Will do it soonest possible next week.

Cheers!
These users thanked the author RedEye for the post (total 2):
Gethsemane, specialkey

Re: 3x XU ma Candle version by Kvak

BeatlemaniaSA wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:48 pm Kvak's new 3x xuma candle version to be released... :)

Hello there....here is your requested file....

CodeRe: X-Gen Trend Trading System

I've been on this forum site lurking, reading and learning for a while now. I can't thank you guys enough. My trading has vastly improved since I applied what I learnt on this forum. I'm using v2_2 of BealteManiaSA's system with the ADR levels from one of XARD's setups.
Mr. BM is probably face-palming at me for adding more indicators :sweat: . But I think it's still simple and clean enough the way it is right now

I trade most indices exclusively. The ADR lines help me target a specific and safe Take Profit. I like to get out at 38.2%. No need for me to be greedy. I go off the MAs, CCI and alerts. If they happen at a level close to the buy/sell lines it's like another confirmation for me. Hope this idea of adding ADR lines was able to help someone else out.

Thanks again, everyone.
Attachments
Apologies for choppy edit. I don't have my mouse at the moment and I'm a bit of a noob at using forums. That's how I entered and exited the trade Apologies for choppy edit. I don't have my mouse at the moment and I'm a bit of a noob at using forums. That's how I entered and exited the trade
This chart isn't my regular setup. I just added XARD's panel to show I made profit off it. This chart isn't my regular setup. I just added XARD's panel to show I made profit off it.

DaffyTaffy wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:02 pm Here you go. I've made an EA that will take a screenshot every time you open or close a trade. Hope it serves you and others well :)
I want to contribute to this forum too so I'll share what I made here as well. Hope that's allowed. It takes and saves a screenshot of the chart with the file name detailing the currency name, TF, and if it was an entry or exit. Hope you guys find it useful.

RedEye Implementation of X-Gen Trend Trading System

Introduction
This trading system is based on X-Gen Trend Trading System by BeatlemaniaSA. It uses combination of various indicators by other contributors/coders that are freely available to the public. As an intraday trader, I mainly trade in M5 or M15 timeframe. If the trade goes my way and the trend conditions are in my favor, I SOMETIME will leave it open to the next day, but I never leave any trade open through the weekend. Anyway, if you are a long-term trader and don’t mind the swap, you can leave your trades open, all depends on your way of trading.
This setup is presented with one objective – to enhance and improve X-Gen Trend Trading System so it can benefit everybody. It has to be further discussed and improved with open minds and good intentions.

Price Actions & Support Resistance
I will always look at Price Action and Support Resistance levels as my primary decision making before I enter any trade. Indicators are great tools, but PA and S&R are essential.
Candle types such as Hammer, Shooting Star, Bearish/Bullish Engulfing are crucial. Same goes to S&R levels such as Moving Averages and previous multi-timeframe support/resistance zones. So, always look at PA and S&R and do not blindly follow indicators because indicators are based on price movements.

Indicators
There are many indicators used in this setup and some of them are essential to this strategy, as listed below:
1. 2xMA (candles + arrows) BT 1.2
2. waddah attar explosion averages nmc alerts 2_2
3. TDI_CB_SSA_v1.0
4. MACD_MTF_V1.0
5. 7 Signals MTF Mod
6. genessis histo BT
7. SRZ_MTF_v1.0

Other non-essential indicators are optional but good to have to give better understanding of the market conditions.

Long/Buy Entry Conditions
This is my long/buy entry conditions that I follow:
1. 2xMA lines are BLUE (Blue dot shows on chart)
2. Waddah Attar histogram bar is GREEN
3. TDI GREEN line has crossed ‘0 Level Line’ moving up (Blue up arrow shows on chart)
4. MACD line is GREEN
5. 7 Signals top 3 dots (Stoch, Waddah and CCI) are GREEN
-OR-
All Gennessis Histogram bars are GREEN (click Gen button to show Gennessis Histo)

When all above conditions are met, I will enter long/buy trade on the next open candle (previous candle close satisfy all above conditions).
I will set my Stoploss at 1 ATR low of the previous candle that closed and met all entry conditions.
I will exit the long/buy trade when a short/sell conditions are met. In sideways or choppy price condition, I sometimes look at 2xMA 1 timeframe higher signals for confirmation.

IMPORTANT: Always check support and resistance levels. I normally use the SRZ_MTF_v1.0 indicator.

Please refer to the attached photo for description and long/buy entry in M5

Short/Sell Entry Conditions
In summary, short/sell entry conditions are the opposite of the long/buy conditions.

Other Indicators Functions
1. FiboSR_v1.0
Plots daily Fibo support and resistance levels.

2. FiboBB_v1.0
Plots Bollinger bands with multiple Fibo deviations setting.

3. FractalSR_v1.0
Plots Fractal Based Support and Resistance.

4. TradingSessions_v1.0
Plot Session / Trading Periods - Sydney / Tokyo / Frankfut / London / NewYork with option to display session range in points, HiLo value and show open price.

5. My Color Notes V5 BT
Modified version that can show 20x color notes, button and notes can be placed in any window / subwindow, option to enable/disable background box.

X-Gen RedEye Template
- Put the folder “X-Gen RedEye” into Indicators folder (normally in MetaTrader 4\MQL4\Indicators)
- Put “RedEye XGen.tpl” into your MT4 template folder (normally in MetaTrader 4\templates)
- Put “libSSA.dll” into your Libraries folder (normally in MetaTrader 4\MQL4\Libraries)

Regards,
RedEye
These users thanked the author RedEye for the post (total 8):
Wolfsteiner, maroka, TradeXtra, Jedidiah, Banzai, funchi, dienone, specialkey

kvak wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:00 am Hello there....here is your requested file....
Hi Kvak, thank you for the Xuma candles! :thumbup: I noticed that he candles are quite similar to crossover between 5EMA and 13EMA. May I know what are the base of XUMA, how it is calculated? Sorry for asking, just wanna have a clear idea of how it works.

RedEye

RedEye wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:00 pm Hi Kvak, thank you for the Xuma candles! :thumbup: I noticed that he candles are quite similar to crossover between 5EMA and 13EMA. May I know what are the base of XUMA, how it is calculated? Sorry for asking, just wanna have a clear idea of how it works.

RedEye
Hello.
ssl, gann hi-lo channel is the same type of indicators. I name it xuma. HERE is topic about this indicators..... In some cases ( especially in short periods), is very close, but not the same like ma cross. This indicator is not based on cross, but on slope of 2 (3) periods of ssl, gann h-l.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post:
RedEye

Hello friends,

Here is what I meant in my earlier post "I sometimes look at 2xMA 1 timeframe higher signals for confirmation."

Today's chart GER40, timeframe M15. If I entered a long/buy trade as shown in the picture, I should exited the trade earlier (exit 1 in the picture). But instead, I look at 2xMA 1TF higher (in this case M30), the 2xMA lines didn't change to Orange although other short/sell conditions were met and so I didn't close the trade. I let it ride until now. So, sometimes, we should look at the bigger picture of price movement to make our decision. Here is the same chart timeframe M15, but with 2xMA+ (1TF higher) looked like.
Cheers!
RedEye
These users thanked the author RedEye for the post (total 3):
thomdel, BeatlemaniaSA, TradeXtra

RedEye wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:43 am Hello friends,

Here is what I meant in my earlier post "I sometimes look at 2xMA 1 timeframe higher signals for confirmation."

Today's chart GER40, timeframe M15. If I entered a long/buy trade as shown in the picture, I should exit the trade earlier (exit 1 in the picture). But instead, I look at 2xMA 1TF higher (in this case M30), the 2xMA lines didn't change to Orange although other short/sell conditions were met and so I didn't close the trade. I let it ride until now. So, sometimes, we should look at the bigger picture of price movement to make our decision.
Cheers!
RedEye
Very good Redeye and thanks for sharing :thumbup:

I am sure the members are going to benefit immensely and profit from you sharing your perspective and insight on the charts. Especially those adopting your trading system. :clap:

Keep it coming ;)
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT