Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

DaveTrader wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:18 am Many times, on the strong trending days, the lower time frames (M1/M5) will show re-entry positions that are otherwise "muted" on M15 and higher.
Yeah but the problem is, how do you know whether that pullback entry on M1/M5 is when the trend is coming to a slow or a stop and now price wants to reverse or do a bigger pullback? It's more risky taking entries on M1/M5 but you definitely get more entry options than M15.

Skyold wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:32 pm Hi XARD thread friends, mrtools, pacois and the coder
I have an idea.
It's about every time we open or close a trade, the script should do a SCREENSHOT.
XARD gave us the scripts for BUYER, SELLER and CLOSE with source code.
Can anyone or does anyone know an encoder that can add the screenshot to these scripts?
That means, whenever we open a trade via the script, the program should automatically take a screenshot.
That would be awesome.
Everyone would have the chart for himself and for the publication of some trades, when and under what circumstances he opened this trade.
It is then like a trading diary

XARD BUYER SCRIPT.mq4

XARD SELLER SCRIPT.mq4

XARD CHICKEN SWITCH.mq4

Here you go. I've made an EA that will take a screenshot every time you open or close a trade. Hope it serves you and others well :)

Edit: I forgot to add, the code saves the images in the "Files" folder of your MQL4 directory.
These users thanked the author DaffyTaffy for the post (total 6):
xard777, BeatlemaniaSA, Woodyz, Skyold, RodrigoRT7, rudiarius

Coolcrow wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:55 pm Yeah but the problem is, how do you know whether that pullback entry on M1/M5 is when the trend is coming to a slow or a stop and now price wants to reverse or do a bigger pullback? It's more risky taking entries on M1/M5 but you definitely get more entry options than M15.
Pullback entries are definitely more risky. The suggestion would be to get back in the trend. I do find the M15 and H2 PSAR indicators give a good road map once you learn the nuances…how much gap between candle and psar? Has the psar turned toward the candles? Are the psars opposing? etc. There are a lot of other tools to help, TDI is a fan favorite as well.
These users thanked the author DaveTrader for the post:
sizabici