Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

I have a few minor updates on v60 that I will post this weekend. Cleaner turning points on 15m, 30m TFs.

On a side note... those of you that pay taxes on your trading profits (usually Americans), you may want to take a look at this link.

https://www.youtube.com/@missedfortune/videos

The guy talks about buying/flipping real estate and being your own banker and borrowing from yourself so that you end up paying none (or less) taxes on your earned income.
In the case of forex traders instead of borrowing for real estate you could simply borrow for your trading account. Watch the videos and think about it as it may be of some use to you.
Xard777
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 13):
Jedidiah, Chickenspicy, thomdel, Musashi, MarVas, Skyold, maroka, BeatlemaniaSA, DaveTrader, Forexlearner, QueenEvelyn, TradeXtra, DaffyTaffy
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

Hi guys,

The second day of v60 for me finished 10 minutes after the Aussie Open, and I will do some training. One of my Karate instructors (with broken English) says, "Same same, but different". Every version is based on the same principles.

I agree with DaveC a more granular view of M5 & M1. My mantra seems to be, "Jack be nimble; Jack, be quick, Jack jump over the candlestick". If you are going to scalp, you need to be focused. Otherwise, look at more extended time frames.

I don't care about what I missed yesterday and am focusing on the process. One foot in front of the other. If I have learned anything from Sensei Xard777, it is about consistency.

Happy Friday to you all - good hunting.
Attachments
These users thanked the author Musashi for the post:
DaveTrader

DownloadRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Workaround for MT4 freeze with v60

Good morning!

I have found a workaround for anyone who wants to keep the Zig Zag Oscillator on their chart. Well, it works for me!!!

After trying different versions of the Zig Zag Oscillator without success at preventing MT4 from freezing, I used the attached script (place in the script folder) to update the history data, similar to Xard's earlier suggestion to update data manually using his XU-Basic template.
Drag and drop the script to any open chart and every symbol in Market Watch will refresh in every time frame. Note!!!! If you have many symbols visible in the Market Watch window, this refresh could take quite some time - Right click on symbols you don't use and select 'Hide'.
Unfortunately, this solution only worked for a few hours and I also noticed that a demo MT4 freezes far more frequently than a live chart from the same broker.

The workaround:
Open 2 charts both with the same symbol
Set the charts to M15 and H1 (or as preferred)
Apply the v60 template to both charts
Delete the Zig Zag Oscillator from the H1 chart
Delete Symbol Changer from the M15 chart
Attach the ChartSync indicator to the H1 chart, which now becomes the master symbol chart.

Only change symbols on the H1 chart and after a momentary delay, both charts should synchronise with the same symbol. If more than 2 charts are open, they will all synchronise to the master chart symbol.

Kev

Hi Xard. Thank you for sharing your trading knowledge through your system. I'm backtesting your last iteration of your system in the Soft4FX and I have a question. According to the attached pics is this behaviour normal - blue background and many grey bearish candles on the 1st pic and when the blue semafor is broken, the background and candles repaint on the 2nd pic? Thanks in advance!

XARD: Yes, this can happen when the trend continues.
Attachments