Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Flandria2 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:28 am Yes , i did that to . I can load template v60 but can not change TF . MT4 terminal freezes and want come out of it , I have to uninstall the terminal and start over again .
Instead of installing a new MT4 every time, do something simpler:
Open the folder with indicators and do not close it.
When your MT4 freezes, close MT4 with CTR ALT DEL
Remove, from the previously opened folder with indicators, the indicator that you think is interfering is causing MT4 to freeze.
This is not a perfect way. However, it is less burdensome than adding new MT4 installations
These users thanked the author 88FX88 for the post:
Flandria2

88FX88 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:32 am Instead of installing a new MT4 every time, do something simpler:
Open the folder with indicators and do not close it.
When your MT4 freezes, close MT4 with CTR ALT DEL
Remove, from the previously opened folder with indicators, the indicator that you think is interfering is causing MT4 to freeze.
This is not a perfect way. However, it is less burdensome than adding new MT4 installations
I do not know what is causing the freeze when switching TF .
I have the v60 template working on 2 charts . I removed the symbol change indi and set autofresh to false .
Tried switching TF's , sometimes it freezes . Not always !

Flandria2 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:36 am I do not know what is causing the freeze when switching TF .
I have the v60 template working on 2 charts . I removed the symbol change indi and set autofresh to false .
Tried switching TF's , sometimes it freezes . Not always !
Try reducing the max bars in history and chart to 5k or 1k (I have it set to 1k and only increase it when I'm doing backtesting). There was a previous Xard version that had this similar problem of freezing when switching TFs and the problem was discovered to be related to the history bars.
These users thanked the author Coolcrow for the post:
Flandria2

Flandria2 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:28 am Yes , i did that to . I can load template v60 but can not change TF . MT4 terminal freezes and want come out of it , I have to uninstall the terminal and start over again .
Why delete the terminal when you can clear it with a file (clear.bat(.ex4-delete) and install it in the main folder of the terminal. After cleaning, download the history with the script, put it in the scripts folder!
Who knows others is wise
Who knows himself is enlightened

Here is a revised version that should not crash the system.
Enjoy
Xard777

I am running six charts without any lag or freezing.
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

horizon202 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:49 pm It is the zigzag indicator causing the MT4 freeze, try to remove it or replace it with another indicator.
I have the same problem with this indicator. I searched and asked questions, only to be directed to similar indicators that appear to have the same coding because they also froze my trading platform. Luckily I decided to search the web and came across the source of this ZigZag indicator. Folks had the same problem and the creator updated with this version.
You should have no problems going forward.
These users thanked the author Vames for the post:
horizon202

Hey everyone,

I hope you are all well—greetings from a cold wintery NZ.

Firstly, thanks to Xard777 for the latest update and his continued work and support of the thread - v60 is much appreciated.

I am running two instances of MT4 with three charts each - one with AUS200 and one with HK50. Bar history set to 3,000 using the first version of V60. No problems whatsoever.

Below is this morning's Aussie open. I usually continue to the Hong Kong open if I have not met the daily target.

The first trades were pending orders with tight stops, then moved to break even as on the chart. On charts 2 and 3, I got in for a second and third bite on the 15m direction, 5m spike, and 1m crossover. Yes, the candles are grey, and a buy triangle on the third M1 chart indicates a 'potential' reversal. But there was no blue spike on M5, so I continued selling trades with tight stops.

I did not have any for those who always ask where my take-profits were; I looked at the chart and respond to the price. I know, not mechanical or scientific, but it works for me.

Rinse and repeat.

Version 60 looks pretty tight, Xard. Thanks.

Warm regards to you all.
Attachments
These users thanked the author Musashi for the post (total 3):
xard777, Flandria2, DaveTrader