DownloadRe: XU-ADR D1 with New Button System

Hi all,

The ON/OFF button of the XU-ADR D1 button 1.01.mq4 indicator found here attach/file/3450277 was conflicting with other indicators with on/off buttons so I created my own ON/OFF button system so I'm sharing it with everyone so coders can use this instead. I took pieces of code from banzai and other coders to make this. This ON/OFF button system doesn't use GlobalVariables with the GlobalVariableSet and GlobalVariableGet functions that write to your disks which is not the most efficient thing to do especially if you use frequent iCustom calls to the indicator. If you use this button system with indicators that draw buffer data then just look for the comments // Uncomment the line below for indicators that draw buffer data and uncomment those lines. I also added a showPrevHiLolines option to the ADR indicator.

So here is my version below of the XU-ADR D1 button 1.01 indicator with my button system called UT_XU-ADR D1_1.01_BT.

Edited:
I removed the UT_XU-ADR D1_1.01_BT.mq4 attachment from this message above because I just discovered the Jurik Bands BT indicator on my hard drive from Forex-station.com that already provides a much better on/off button system than I did and it also doesn't use GlobalVariables. For details on an update to the UT_XU-ADR D1_1.01_BT indicator and to get the Jurik Bands BT indicator, see my message at: viewtopic.php?p=1295517679#p1295517679
These users thanked the author global for the post:
kvak

Re: XU-ADR D1 with New Button System

global wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:53 am So here is my version below of the XU-ADR D1 button 1.01 indicator with my button system called UT_XU-ADR D1_1.01_BT.
Thanks! Good work!
I think the colours are "hard wired" in this indicator. If you change them via inputs they either don't work or cause problems.
So it might be an improvement to really link them to inputs....
As for the Fibonacci expansion: who came up with 127 and why?
Attachments

Re: Indicators with ON/OFF buttons

quangvuig wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:59 pm I used this newspaper and found it quite good, but HH LH covered the candle, hoping the engineers would edit it and leave it blank, so as not to coincide with the candle. Hope the engineers help, or show me which code to fix, thanks
Hello all,
This is my first post in this wonderful community :D I have fixed the code, now the labels are positioned based on ATR value and should not overlapped with the candles anymore. You can change the ATR value and Labeldistance is the ATR multiplier. If Labeldistance is 0.0, the labels will be placed on the high or low of the candle. Why ATR? It can be used as stoploss level should you want to.

extern double Labeldistance = 1.0;
extern int ATRPeriod = 20;

Test it.
These users thanked the author RedEye for the post (total 6):
kvak, Jedidiah, mr12323, sal, Banzai, RodrigoRT7

global wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:53 am Hi all,

The ON/OFF button of the XU-ADR D1 button 1.01.mq4 indicator found here attach/file/3450277 was conflicting with other indicators with on/off buttons so I created my own ON/OFF button system so I'm sharing it with everyone so coders can use this instead. I took pieces of code from banzai and other coders to make this. This ON/OFF button system doesn't use GlobalVariables with the GlobalVariableSet and GlobalVariableGet functions that write to your disks which is not the most efficient thing to do especially if you use frequent iCustom calls to the indicator. If you use this button system with indicators that draw buffer data then just look for the comments // Uncomment the line below for indicators that draw buffer data and uncomment those lines. I also added a showPrevHiLolines option to the ADR indicator.

So here is my version below of the XU-ADR D1 button 1.01 indicator with my button system called UT_XU-ADR D1_1.01_BT.

I removed the UT_XU-ADR D1_1.01_BT.mq4 attachment from my quoted message above because I just discovered the Jurik Bands BT indicator on my hard drive from Forex-station.com that already provides a much better on/off button system than I did and it also doesn't use GlobalVariables. I got that indicator from BeatlemaniaSA a year ago. You will find that indicator here: viewtopic.php?p=1295482002#p1295482002

Nevertheless, I will upload a new modified version of UT_XU-ADR D1_1.01_BT.mq4 that uses the same button system from the Jurik Bankd BT indicator with a little modification so that same non-GlobalVariables button system can be used with iCustom calls to buffer indicators without drawing buttons and other objects to the chart from which the iCustom calls are made. I'm still working on it so as soon as I'm finished I will upload it.

In the meantime, here is the Jurik Bankd BT indicator:

download/file.php?id=3432931&mode=view
These users thanked the author global for the post (total 2):
Banzai, Jimmy

josi wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:43 pm Thanks! Good work!
I think the colours are "hard wired" in this indicator. If you change them via inputs they either don't work or cause problems.
So it might be an improvement to really link them to inputs....
As for the Fibonacci expansion: who came up with 127 and why?
Thanks for the encouragement, I'm currently updating the indicator. See my message at viewtopic.php?p=1295517679#p1295517679 for details. I will consider adding inputs to change the "hard wired" colours. Thanks for the suggestion. I don't know who came up with the 127% expansion.

Re: UT_XU-ADR D1_1.01_BT2 New Button System

global wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:37 am I removed the UT_XU-ADR D1_1.01_BT.mq4 attachment from my quoted message above because I just discovered the Jurik Bands BT indicator on my hard drive from Forex-station.com that already provides a much better on/off button system than I did and it also doesn't use GlobalVariables. I got that indicator from BeatlemaniaSA a year ago. You will find that indicator here: viewtopic.php?p=1295482002#p1295482002

Nevertheless, I will upload a new modified version of UT_XU-ADR D1_1.01_BT.mq4 that uses the same button system from the Jurik Bankd BT indicator with a little modification so that same non-GlobalVariables button system can be used with iCustom calls to buffer indicators without drawing buttons and other objects to the chart from which the iCustom calls are made. I'm still working on it so as soon as I'm finished I will upload it.

In the meantime, here is the Jurik Bankd BT indicator:

download/file.php?id=3432931&mode=view
Here is my new modified UT_XU-ADR D1_1.01_BT2.mq4. I added inputs that will now allow you to change all the "hard coded" colors. I also included comments within the code explaining how you can use the Modified Forex-Station button template sections within other indicators that draw buffer data you want to access by iCustom calls.

Within the "Open Postion level Settings", the showLevels option shows the following 4 levels, LevelOpenUp1, LevelOpenUp2, LevelOpenDn1, and LevelOpenDn2. Those levels are calculated by the code:

Code: Select all

double levelup1=OpenToday*1.0057,levelup2=levelup1*1.0057;
      double leveldn1=OpenToday/1.0057,leveldn2=leveldn1/1.0057; 
If anyone can explain what those 4 levels represent and why the OpenToday value is multiplied by 1.0057, I will really appreciate it. Thanks. If you want the indicator to display by default when you first load it to your chart, then just change the ShowDisplay option to true.

These users thanked the author global for the post (total 10):
mrtools, RodrigoRT7, Chickenspicy, kvak, Skyold, mr12323, Papybillou, excellence, Jimmy, chris006