Re: v2v dynamic system

RSI with NET ( Noise Elimination Technology )

The "RSI With Noise Elimination Technology" (NET) is an indicator developed by John Elhers. The indicator is simply a rolling Kendall rank correlation coefficient of a normalized momentum oscillator (a version of the RSI introduced by Elhers in the May 2018 issue of Stocks & Commodities).

As a technical indicator, NET employs Kendall correlation to eliminate nonlinear noise. However, the application of additional filters reimagined a popular tool under the v2v dynamic trading system... dynamic MyNET

The NET is a modified version of the RocketRSI Relative Strength Index. A one-bar close price difference is calculated as the ratio between their absolute values and the sum of the recent one-bar close price differences.

These users thanked the author nathanvbasko for the post:
kvak
Since Frank Sinatra sings in his own way, my charts sing... ♪  I did it, My... Way...  ♬ ; )─

It doesn't hurts with Hurst Exponent

The Hurst exponent indicates whether a time series behaves randomly, trending, or mean-reverting. In this case, the autocorrelation increases with lag, resulting in a decreasing speed of autocorrelation. Therefore, it is an excellent trading tool.

The Hurst exponent is a measure of the memory in a time series and is used to classify the series as mean-reverting, trending, or a random walk. depending on the choice of the maximum lag parameter (i.e., whether we are looking for short or long term), the results can differ significantly.

A brief history of Hurst Phenomenon...

The Hurst exponent is used as a measure of long-term memory of time series. It relates to the autocorrelations of the time series, and the rate at which these decrease as the lag between pairs of values increases. Studies involving the Hurst exponent were originally developed in hydrology for the practical matter of determining optimum dam sizing for the Nile river's volatile rain and drought conditions that had been observed over a long period of time. The name "Hurst exponent", or "Hurst coefficient", derives from Harold Edwin Hurst (1880–1978), who was the lead researcher in these studies; the use of the standard notation H for the coefficient also relates to his name.

Since Frank Sinatra sings in his own way, my charts sing... ♪  I did it, My... Way...  ♬ ; )─

dynamic MyNET =► McGinley Dynamic

The McGinley Dynamic indicator is a type of moving average that was designed to track the market better than existing moving average indicators. It is a technical indicator that improves upon moving average lines by adjusting for shifts in market speed. John R. McGinley, a market technician, is the inventor of the eponymous indicator.

KEY TAKEAWAYS

The McGinley Dynamic indicator is a type of moving average that was designed to track the market better than existing moving average indicators.
This indicator solves the issue of varying market speeds by incorporating an automatic adjustment factor into its formula, which speeds (or slows) the indicator in trending, or ranging, markets.

The McGinley Dynamic indicator improves upon conventional moving averages by minimizing price separations and volatile whipsaws so that price action is more accurately reflected.

Understanding McGinley Dynamic Indicator

The McGinley Dynamic indicator attempts to solve a problem inherent in moving averages that use fixed time lengths. The basic problem is that the market, being the great discounting mechanism that it is, reacts to events at a speed that a moving average will not be able to cope with.
This issue is called the lag, and there is no type of moving average, whether it be simple (SMA), exponential (EMA), or weighted (LWMA), that is not affected by this. Understandably, this will call into question the reliability of that moving average. The McGinley Dynamic indicator takes into account speed changes in a market (hence, "dynamic") to show a smoother, more responsive, moving average line.

The speed of the market is not consistent; it frequently speeds up and slows down. Traditional moving averages, such as a simple moving average or an exponential moving average, fail to account for this market characteristic. The McGinley Dynamic indicator solves this problem by incorporating an automatic smoothing factor into its formula to adjust to market moves. This speeds, or slows, the indicator in trending, or ranging, markets.

This is not to say that the aforementioned issue of lag has been eradicated, only that the reaction to market movement is faster. The key point to note is that, due to its smoothing constant, it will be more market reactive than other moving averages. The user can customize this indicator through the selection of the number of periods.

Source: Investopedia dot com

• New templates ( a must )
• You can download and read more about the system by clicking »» HERE
These users thanked the author nathanvbasko for the post:
Skyold