Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Xard, your Index Entry has been a very good and major addition to my trading system as of recent.
I will like to know the foundational concept with which it is drawn ..

Thanks and well done to everyone on this platform. You guys are the best.
xard777 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:45 pm Using both 1hr and 15min TFs greatly helps with directional trading.
Also, keep in mind price off the daily open line.
Xard777

I am a bit confused on how exactly the "off the daily open line" should be interpreted:
Taking as an example your XAUUSD M15, after the 04:45 low:
  • Wait for crossing the daily open, finding resistance, getting a second dot below at 08:45 and crossing above for long? (The "off" part means to get a bounce round the open line?)
  • Or is it just that the price crossed the daily open from below? (The "off" part means to just cross the open line?)
xard777 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:45 pm Using both 1hr and 15min TFs greatly helps with directional trading.
Also, keep in mind price off the daily open line.
Xard777

chris006 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:27 am I am a bit confused on how exactly the "off the daily open line" should be interpreted:
Taking as an example your XAUUSD M15, after the 04:45 low:
  • Wait for crossing the daily open, finding resistance, getting a second dot below at 08:45 and crossing above for long? (The "off" part means to get a bounce round the open line?)
  • Or is it just that the price crossed the daily open from below? (The "off" part means to just cross the open line?)
Try to think of the daily open cross, as the expansion of the daily candle, if gold was moving up, below the daily line has created the "wick" of the daily candle, and now it is working on expanding the body of the daily candle.

it's a way to interpret the daily bias
These users thanked the author Gethsemane for the post (total 3):
chris006, xard777, Musashi

:D So you offer another interpretation, that of the daily candle being expanded into new territory, the Bid Ratio to be at 100% and price to continue in that direction.
What do other people think regarding the "off" part?

Gethsemane wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:45 am Try to think of the daily open cross, as the expansion of the daily candle, if gold was moving up, below the daily line has created the "wick" of the daily candle, and now it is working on expanding the body of the daily candle.

it's a way to interpret the daily bias
These users thanked the author chris006 for the post:
Gethsemane