Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

ffsss wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:26 pm What is the difference between the two images? Does that indicator change the candles?
Five examples pictured, using five popular moving-average settings...
This advanced indicator takes a high-low channel of MA's and applies these MA filters to the color of the candles and generates signals based on that.
It's like Heiken Ashi, but on steroids and fully-customizable.
It has a complex array of filtered settings that you can spend hours discovering.

Random, popular settings pictured:
1) Least Squares MA, 14-period.
2) Hull MA, 7-period.
3) Jurik's Smoothing, 9-period.
4) Instantaneous Trendline by John Ehlers, 14-period.
5) Combination of LSMA and ILRS (IE/2 by Tillson), 2-period, which is what I use to match price-action as close as possible and to use its signals in confluence with a full indicator system.
6) Combination of LSMA and ILRS (IE/2 by Tillson), 2-period, with added MA's on the chart.
Attachments
My goal is to make advanced algorithm strategies, coded and simplified.
Trading psychology and ease-of-use are top priorities.

-GoldenBrett90

mrtools wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:06 pm Will look at it again, but can't promise anything.
So, what I'm wanting to do is take this "VoltyChannel_Stop_v6.7 600+" indicator and turn it into a 4-Timeframe subwindow indicator, similar to the one pictured below.

Pictured:
1) What I mean by a 4-Timeframe subwindow indicator, of course.
2) M1 on US30, bullish.
3) H1 on US30, bullish.
4) H4 on US30, bullish.
5) D1 on US30, bullish.
Therefore, the 4-Timeframe indicator would have 4 bullish-colored open bars in the subwindow.
Attachments

-GoldenBrett90

[quote=GoldenBrett90 post_id=1295515690 time=1686835924 user_id=4947211]
Five examples pictured, using five popular moving-average settings...
This advanced indicator takes a high-low channel of MA's and applies these MA filters to the color of the candles and generates signals based on that.
It's like Heiken Ashi, but on steroids and fully-customizable.
It has a complex array of filtered settings that you can spend hours discovering.

Random, popular settings pictured:
1) Least Squares MA, 14-period.
2) Hull MA, 7-period.
3) Jurik's Smoothing, 9-period.
4) Instantaneous Trendline by John Ehlers, 14-period.
5) Combination of LSMA and ILRS (IE/2 by Tillson), 2-period, which is what I use to match price-action as close as possible and to use its signals in confluence with a full indicator system.
6) Combination of LSMA and ILRS (IE/2 by Tillson), 2-period, with added MA's on the chart.

It works like a indicator to me, doesnt change the bars or anything.
Attachments

ffsss wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:10 am
What we have to do is go to "Charts", then to "Properties" at the bottom and we select "Line Chart", which takes the standard candles off the chart.
Then, go into the "Colors" tab and where "Line graph" is, select "None". We don't want the Line Chart showing on the chart either, so we're making it invisible.
Now, go into the VoltyChannel settings and select "Show Bars: True".
Attachments
These users thanked the author GoldenBrett90 for the post (total 2):
ffsss, DaffyTaffy

-GoldenBrett90

ffsss wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:10 am
For anyone following along, I've made this way easier for you and made a template.
The Volty indicator only comes as bars and not full candlesticks with wicks, so I've borrowed the wicks from another indicator. (As pictured)

-GoldenBrett90

Then, if you want a smoother-looking chart, loosen up the settings.
Pictured is a 20-period "Combination of LSMA and ILRS" MA, instead of the prior 2-period.

This indicator is the most complex filtered candlestick indicator ever made and I've spent dozens of hours playing with it in the past few years, alone.
"Heiken Ashi, on steroids".
Attachments

-GoldenBrett90

ffsss wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:47 am I see. But that looks like a lot of false signals right?
Throw two MA's on the chart and go like a maniac.

Now, if no one can create my 4-Timeframe subwindow VoltyChannel idea, it would be great if they could add multiple Averages into the Volty code to filter its signals.
For example on my chart:
6-period Smoothed set to median, and 100-period IE/2 set to close.

When the Volty is set with a low-period, with multiple MA's to filter, it would show trend-change signals AND trend-continuation re-entry signals, both.
The Volty arrows will then be filtered and now have buy, sell, and neutral-colored arrow signals.
Also, add an ON/OFF setting for how many Averages you want to use, plus wingdings for the arrows.

Nothing complicated about that, am I right?
Just slap some Averages into the Volty code...
Attachments

-GoldenBrett90