Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Chickenspicy wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:38 am am trying to use parts of this code to insert into it
Something like this

Code: Select all

input int         Length = 10;
input double Phase  = 0;

double BarH  = iSmooth(High[i]-Open[i], Length,Phase,i, 0);
double BarL   = iSmooth(Low[i]-Open[i]  ,Length,Phase,i,10);
double BarC   = iSmooth(Close-Open[i],  Length,Phase,i,20);
then you need to add the iSmooth function with 30 instances. Like this.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Chickenspicy

mrtools wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:54 am Something like this

Code: Select all

input int         Length = 10;
input double Phase  = 0;

double BarH  = iSmooth(High[i]-Open[i], Length,Phase,i, 0);
double BarL   = iSmooth(Low[i]-Open[i]  ,Length,Phase,i,10);
double BarC   = iSmooth(Close-Open[i],  Length,Phase,i,20);
then you need to add the iSmooth function with 30 instances.
i found the iSmooth i have no idea what to do next i didnt realize there was so much code to add
this is the full code
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters

Dear MrTools, specifically,
I was wondering why coders will not touch this indicator...
I've had the source code for around 4 years, which I understand is very hard to come by, but why is it looked down on to further expand on?

These were my simple rules:
Create a 4-timeframe subwindow indicator using the VoltyChannel_Stop_v6.7 600+, complete with alerts, subwindow arrows and wingdings.

This indicator has the ability to replicate price-action to 95+% accuracy when tightening up the settings.
I know the settings like the back of my hand..
It would be the most useful, dynamic indicator for scalping indicator-creations, period.
In theory, I'm wanting to use this indicator as the signal to enter into the immediate, short-term price-action trend.
Then, I filter out longer-term trends with another moving-average or two.
This could be a monstrosity in the coding of an extremely accurate trading system.

(Pictured is regular Japanese candlesticks vs the tuned VoltyChannel candlesticks. Regular Japanese candlesticks are the colored wicks.)
My goal is to make advanced algorithm strategies, coded and simplified.
Trading psychology and ease-of-use are top priorities.

-GoldenBrett90

GoldenBrett90 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:29 pm Dear MrTools, specifically,
I was wondering why coders will not touch this indicator...
I've had the source code for around 4 years, which I understand is very hard to come by, but why is it looked down on to further expand on?

These were my simple rules:
Create a 4-timeframe subwindow indicator using the VoltyChannel_Stop_v6.7 600+, complete with alerts, subwindow arrows and wingdings.

This indicator has the ability to replicate price-action to 95+% accuracy when tightening up the settings.
I know the settings like the back of my hand..
It would be the most useful, dynamic indicator for scalping indicator-creations, period.
In theory, I'm wanting to use this indicator as the signal to enter into the immediate, short-term price-action trend.
Then, I filter out longer-term trends with another moving-average or two.
This could be a monstrosity in the coding of an extremely accurate trading system.

(Pictured is regular Japanese candlesticks vs the tuned VoltyChannel candlesticks. Regular Japanese candlesticks are the colored wicks.)

Will look at it again, but can't promise anything.

Hi Mr Tools,

I have a simple request (I think). Is it possible to add alerts when either currency crosses the zero level? If so, I would also like an option to turn off the cross alerts. This will enable me to choose which kind of alerts I want when trading. Even if you make an option for either currency cross or level cross would be perfect as well.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrtools wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:06 pm Will look at it again, but can't promise anything.
If you could hear me out and personally work with me, I could blow your mind on it.
I have ways of cutting all corners and manipulating code with special instructions that would give the best possible trade entries at the mean-average, area of value, trading with the trend. I almost have it figured out, about as good as can be done in an imperfect market.
My goal is to make advanced algorithm strategies, coded and simplified.
Trading psychology and ease-of-use are top priorities.

-GoldenBrett90

GoldenBrett90 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:21 pm If you could hear me out and personally work with me, I could blow your mind on it.
I have ways of cutting all corners and manipulating code with special instructions that would give the best possible trade entries at the mean-average, area of value, trading with the trend. I almost have it figured out, about as good as can be done in an imperfect market.
What is the difference between the two images? Does that indicator change the candles?