Re: Something interesting please post here (Metatrader)

Working on a scalping model which can be used for forex and possibly binary
Basic idea is to filter the signals with zero lag slow as the trend filter either direction and use ENTRY indicator for entry

FOR FOREX:
Entry trade rules
1. Zero lag slow trend is green/red
2. ENTRY indicator signals buy/sell, price should be above/below trend line
3. Use nonlag histo for extra confirmation(especially binary)

Exit trade rules. This can be subjective but this is what i use
1. Set trade to exit either 3:1 p/l ratio. SL at high/low of entry candle , or
2. Exit at opposite direction ENTRY signal
Both work well under consideration of price action. Risking no more than 1-2% total equity per trade. Only take the first signal entry with the trend

FOR BINARY:
Entry rules remain the same
Exit can be set for 3-5 bar expiry. MG 1step if needed

I have been using this for manual trading, working on a cohesive combined model using chat-gpt/mql4progammer but my coding journey has just begun so will take time. Any input and thoughts welcome

Credit and many thanks to Mr.Tools for his help with the 'zero lag slow' issues.. If only AI was this helpful :D
These users thanked the author tkhanfx for the post (total 3):
sylvester21, Chickenspicy, KosmosDaBas

Re: Something interesting please post here (Metatrader)

Just an idea i was experimenting with, very basic in application but could be useful to some

The indicator searches for any bar that repeats within the user specified time period at the same time a day and marks that bar and direction on the chart from the end of the specified time period forward. There is option to specify a minimum number of times the bar should repeat to give it a margin of error

User can also specify to search for a 1/2/3 bar repeating pattern but in hindsight this is redundant