IndicatorPlease could I ask for some help finding something to add to my charts to help filter out signals

I recently found a paid indicator that I really liked, I don't want to talk about which one it is specifically, because I don't want this thread to come off like that.

I don't fully understand how it works, but I'm fairly certain its nothing super special, just some moving averages mostly, but I do really like it and it seems to fit my "trading style" / personality. I am 100% sure this could be done with free indicator's, but I paid for this one, and I like it, so I would like to tweak it untill its "perfect"* (*for me) :)

In the past I would have been tempted to jump around from one shiny object to the next if it wasnt perfect, but I have come to understand that there is no "perfect" system that someone can sell you, the only perfect system is one that you develop yourself that fits your personality and makes sense to you, evan if that is drawing on your charts in crayon, if that works for your, awesome, use it.

So, I really like the idea of this one as my base, and I would like to stick with it and see if there is anything that I can add to my charts to help filter out some of the chop and false signals.

Already I have noticed that alot of these I would not take simply because I am sleeping at that time, so that helps already filter some of these trades out.

You might need to click on the image to get it to zoom larger. As you can see, when it's right, it's really right and catches big moves, but then it also get's chopped up sometimes.

This is on TradingView on M15 AUD/USD, because it likes to trend I've read *on the internet*.

I've survived up until this point basically by going with my gut, when I feel as though a trade is taking too long to move decisively in my direction I would rather close it out for a small profit or small loss and try again a bit later.

There are many here that have vastly more knowledge and experience than I do when it come's to trading, and so, I humbly ask, could you perhaps share some of your wisdom with me as to what indicators I could try to add to this that could help me filter out the chop and false entries?

I really would appreciate any help, I mean really, it would be life changing for me.

Re: Please could I ask for some help finding something to add to my charts to help filter out signals

Island_Life wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:39 am
The direction of the market isnt an indicator but its the best tool
Best way to tell direction is higher timeframe moving average cross
Its about finding the opportunity for the best risk to reward ratio thats all
This video explains it , and he uses some sarcasm without laughing

Attachments
These users thanked the author Chickenspicy for the post (total 2):
Island_Life, Gethsemane
0 + 0 = 0
Infinite / Infinite = 1
1 way to Heaven & it matters

Re: Please could I ask for some help finding something to add to my charts to help filter out signals

andrei-1 wrote:

Vague question = vague answer. :eh:
viewtopic.php?p=1295478845#p1295478845
hmmm, so, I would like to use the indicator I posted the picture of as the starting point for my trading system. (I own it already.)

It help's spot big trending moves, but during times of market consolidation it can give multiple false signals in a row, but otherwise it's pretty good.

So, I guess I was asking for some advice to help me find one or some additional indicators that I could add to this, in order to help filter out those times when the market is just chopping up and down, but there are so many thousand's of different indicators, all with different purposes, that I don't know where or what to look for.

I wanted to add also, that, it doesnt neccesiraly have to be something for TradingView, I'm happy to keep MT4 open at the same time, but I feel as though something to help add confluence to these signals would be a great help.

Island_Life wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:06 pm It help's spot big trending moves, but during times of market consolidation it can give multiple false signals in a row, but otherwise it's pretty good.
You are the most cunning trader. :D You said: I don't want to do nonsense, I want to catch big trends. :D

It's close.
viewtopic.php?p=1295504996#p1295504996

The oscillator has gone far, and the news is strong. :eh:
CCI (Close) is possible.
These users thanked the author andrei-1 for the post:
Island_Life