Re: Repaint Tester v1.00

wtjfree wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:52 pm Hi there,
I hope to get some advice about the following test results, please.
Buffer 2 and 3 of the Elliot Oscillator Waves 1.05 MTF (btn) have been tested. The results are as follows.

Code: Select all

2023.03.12 11:48:04.546	2020.02.18 00:30:00  CheckForRepainting XAUUSD,M30: Buffer n°1 (which index is 2) has repainted 8 values over 100 values
2023.03.12 11:48:04.546	2020.02.18 00:30:00  CheckForRepainting XAUUSD,M30: Buffer n°2 (which index is 3) has repainted 3 values over 100 values
Does it indicate the buffer 2 and 3 repaint?
Would you advise the non-repaint alternative Elliot Oscillator Waves?

Kind Regards,
Guys,

The Elliot waves oscillator is both repainting and non-repainting ;) The bar indicating the peaks/extremums does repaint. So it is advisable to have an additional filter indicator to determine when it is best to get in after the peak has been drawn.

The non-repainting part of the EWO is when it crosses the zero line. So you can either try to get into a trade after the peak is drawn (risky - filter indicator would be required) or wait for the zero line cross :)

It is an integral part of my trading strategy and setup now. In addition, XARD has now included it in his latest version( which he is still testing).
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post:
Jimmy
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT

BeatlemaniaSA wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:33 pm Guys,

The Elliot waves oscillator is both repainting and non-repainting ;) The bar indicating the peaks/extremums does repaint. So it is advisable to have an additional filter indicator to determine when it is best to get in after the peak has been drawn.

The non-repainting part of the EWO is when it crosses the zero line. So you can either try to get into a trade after the peak is drawn (risky - filter indicator would be required) or wait for the zero line cross :)

It is an integral part of my trading strategy and setup now. In addition, XARD has now included it in his latest version( which he is still testing).
Thank you so much to clarify it.

BeatlemaniaSA wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:33 pm Guys,

Thank you so much to clarify it.

wtjfree wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:52 pm Hi there,

I hope to get some advice about the following test results, please.

Buffer 2 and 3 of the Elliot Oscillator Waves 1.05 MTF (btn) have been tested. The results are as follows.

Code: Select all

2023.03.12 11:48:04.546	2020.02.18 00:30:00  CheckForRepainting XAUUSD,M30: Buffer n°1 (which index is 2) has repainted 8 values over 100 values
2023.03.12 11:48:04.546	2020.02.18 00:30:00  CheckForRepainting XAUUSD,M30: Buffer n°2 (which index is 3) has repainted 3 values over 100 values
Does it indicate the buffer 2 and 3 repaint?

Would you advise the non-repaint alternative Elliot Oscillator Waves?

Kind Regards,
yes it means some values have repainted. are you using MTF . that could be the reason

to be sure, run the indicator in the strategy tester for a few bars, then put the indicator on the chart (so two times on the same chart) and check if both instances display the same thing, as they should)
These users thanked the author ionone for the post:
Jimmy

ionone wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:27 am yes it means some values have repainted. are you using MTF . that could be the reason

to be sure, run the indicator in the strategy tester for a few bars, then put the indicator on the chart (so two times on the same chart) and check if both instancves display the same thing, as they should)
I didn't test the MTF. The test had been run exactly as you mentioned. The buffer 2 and 3 for the peaks/extremums. Unfortunately It does repaint
Attachments
These users thanked the author wtjfree for the post:
ionone

Hi to everyone,

I need your help with this tool. I apologize first for not understanding how to use the tool. The instructions were test it in the strategy tester. How do I insert the indicator? I opened the strategy tester, but where do I insert the indicator, in the strategy window on the bottom or in the chart window? When I tried either in the strategy window or on the chart, I get an error that the indicator can not load. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!!!!

Buy the way, here are the indicators I'm trying to test: