Re: Trend Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote:Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:33 am

Sorry not understanding what you have in mind.
Sorry. What I'm thinking is that in this case the reason the halftrend indi has reversed color is because of a single large candle up. Since then all the price action has been in the opposite (ie. downward) direction. I would like these kinds of cases to *not* reverse the color and stay red the entire time. I know I could just increase the amplitude but was wondering if some kind of check/adjustment could be made for this kind of scenario...

Thanks!

Mark

mwaschkowski wrote:Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:53 am

Sorry. What I'm thinking is that in this case the reason the halftrend indi has reversed color is because of a single large candle up. Since then all the price action has been in the opposite (ie. downward) direction. I would like these kinds of cases to *not* reverse the color and stay red the entire time. I know I could just increase the amplitude but was wondering if some kind of check/adjustment could be made for this kind of scenario...

Thanks!

Mark
Not sure, don't have the code for the non repainting version, and haven't had the time to attempt coding one.

Re: Trend Indicators

mntiwana wrote:Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:30 pm

HalfTrend MTF with channels alerts
I think this thread is most suitable for "Half Trend" indicators
The version with arrows (on first bar option)- alerts and mtf - along with channels (atr) - user friendly

I like indicators that look like clouds. I made a small modification to this HalfTrend with channels and now we have HalfTrend Clouds ;) lol.

I believe that the HalfTrend "Clouds" has good potential. But it needs to be fixed.
The only thing I did was to increase the width of the center line.
But I noticed that the cloud changes places when the scale or zoom of the graph changes. Becoming thicker or thinner.
I suppose the solution would be to fill the channel. But only mrtools and mladen can help us, as I am not a coder.

mrtools wrote:Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:11 am

Added alerts.
Hello mr tool
Thank you very much for making this indicator available. I had been looking for him for some time. If you are not asking too much, you could add an option to choose a bullish or bearish signal. It would help a lot in my strategy.
If you can't, there's no problem. I am already very satisfied. Thanks in advance!!

Re: Trend Indicators

scarletPip wrote:Thu May 04, 2017 9:24 am It seems to be just as good at determining trend as something like DSS Bressert, but I don't understand why the histo bars will occasionally repaint once they have been placed. Is there a practical reason for this?

What is stranger is that I can see some history where the histo made an incorrect trend prediction, and yet those bars did not repaint.
gold-m30-trading-point-of.png
Red trendlines are failed trades, Gold are successful.

The most recent failed trade was entered live, when the bars were green.
Capture.PNG
What is the indicator that goes to the extremes of the price you have?
the one with the red and green lines?