Re: MT4 Trading Systems: Gifts for the New Year

rijay wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:08 am OK, will try that out accordingly.
Normally, I use also 2 bigger atr-bands that represent higher timeframes, mainly to see trend and a volatility based sl. Settings are different on the timeframe and pairs you trade, but scroll back which short spike or short pullback still left you in the market with sl you can be confident of. A lot of systems jump on many trend changes which may be on 30 or 60 min just a pullback and you miss the main trend for small pips.

friend4you wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:49 pm

Normally, I use also 2 bigger atr-bands that represent higher timeframes, mainly to see trend and a volatility based sl. Settings are different on the timeframe and pairs you trade, but scroll back which short spike or short pullback still left you in the market with sl you can be confident of. A lot of systems jump on many trend changes which may be on 30 or 60 min just a pullback and you miss the main trend for small pips.
you mean to say 2 bigger atr bands of different settings(higher) or the atr best bands with same settings but for mtf mode,? as this may be different too, you are right of your description to see volatality on pullbacks , that is when mft analysis is useful.

i think using your atr best bands settings on two different time frames( in mtf mode, in single chart) (for that you need to have you atr best bands coded to be used in mtf mode as with other indicators) is better choice(that will catch exactly volatality and atr ranges of all timeframes when you load it on one chart in mtf mode as is the case when qwma floating adaptive indicator shows), then setting up higher settings on the same band to catch volatality, as every time frame has more or less the same atr range for that time frame that is caught by your atr best bands settings optimally.(or by step oma 2.3)

qwma adaptive fl"s mtf indicator with step oma 2.3, catches the same atr ranges in mtf mode for all time frames on single chart that is what i can say as i have tested it with your atr best bands settings for all time frames rigorously.

It is good strategy to use 2 higher time frame atr bands on same chart.

if you want to see on chart which bar closes outside your band atr best, use this version, will match with your bands settings , see i overlapped it on your bands

rijay wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:43 am

if you want to see on chart which bar closes outside your band atr best, use this version, will match with your bands settings , see i overlapped it on your bands
I prefer atr bands and indicators not in mtf-mode as they repaint until higher timeframe is closed. In the bands thread, there are more starc like bands like rijays, but only few calculate with atr. Deviation as in Bollinger Bands is by far not as accurate.