Re: TMA - Triangular Moving Average indicators MT4

pacois wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:24 am ok, thanks for your explanation.
No problem. Thanks for responding. If you find any info about these bands. I'll highly appreciate it. There's a lot of scammers out there. I don't have a lot of knowledge about coding, I'm just starting to learn because I find indicators interesting as technology advances. I don't know if he's lying about people messing with codes and changing the source file name to "Neualgo bands" causing the bands I used to repaint. Anyways, hope everyone has a great day/night.
Yeshua is Lord

Ogee wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:40 am Hi, there are a number of issues going on here.

Difference between recalculating, repainting and backpainting.
also,
Bands; are they either ATR or Standard Deviations.

Recalulating is a smoothing function such as on Centered TMA (Mladen) where the prior x number of candles are adjusted in relation to current candle close.
Backpainting such as in zigzag is where the signal is delayed x number of candles as confirmation before being posted on a prior candle.
Repainting is a straight out periodic revision and correction of past data. This may be on a current run or on a reset or restart.
The settings for the Nuealgo bands is very similar to TMAdCG mladen.mq4 so, I'm guessing standard deviations.
Yeshua is Lord

andrewstone wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:42 am Hello Guys, This is my first post on this website. I've been interested in using bands/ standard deviation channels to trade. Out of experience from trading on demo and system building, that most bands repaint. Long story short, I have a youtube link with this guy using Neualgo Bands. He claims his bands don't repaint. Is he lying? He mentions mladen and Mr.Tools on this youtube video. Does anyone know this guy?? Thanks in advance.

Here's the link to the video on youtube :)
All i know is he is a member of the forum here (username Neualgo), on one of his videos he opened the bands file to adjust the settings and noticed he has settings very similar to TMA centered bands (HalfPeriod,Interpolation,etc), but that really doesn't prove anything one way or the other. Running the backtester as he was running to me makes it hard to tell about repainting, but that could just be me.

ps} just to add those bands have been used by many sellers just as they are, since they were built

mrtools wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:56 am All i know is he is a member of the forum here (username Neualgo), on one of his videos he opened the bands file to adjust the settings and noticed he has settings very similar to TMA centered bands (HalfPeriod,Interpolation,etc), but that really doesn't prove anything one way or the other. Running the backtester as he was running to me makes it hard to tell about repainting, but that could just be me.

ps} just to add those bands have been used by many sellers just as they are, since they were built
I didn't know he was a member here. That's good to know. I thought the same thing about the settings/back tester.
Yeshua is Lord

ZZTop wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:03 am Maybe it is not repainting, but who cares, just cannot trade those signals, looks really bad.
Well, there's a way to trade those bands. You wouldn't just trade every signal you see. I trade price action but like I said in my recent response I caught a interest in system building. I've build a system using these repainting bands, standard deviation channels and combination with trend line breaks. I love the results it brings based on deviations and price action. If the bands don't repaint it could be every useful. That's why I'm doing my homework before trusting his word. I could just pay him and take the L if they repaint but that's not smart knowing how toxic the forex industry can be.
Yeshua is Lord