Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

Been looking for with no luck..........
So does anyone have available a 2 x Ma with a button that shows both Ma's as pictured with the settings for each available as pictured.
I have noted that most of the Ma indicators I have checked out do not for some reason have available the Typical HLC/3 or shift of which I'm wanting to use.
Thanks in advance
Attachments

Woodyz wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:23 pm Been looking for with no luck..........
So does anyone have available a 2 x Ma with a button that shows both Ma's as pictured with the settings for each available as pictured.
I have noted that most of the Ma indicators I have checked out do not for some reason have available the Typical HLC/3 or shift of which I'm wanting to use.
Thanks in advance
Maybe this one here

Woodyz wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:29 am Thank you for that, but unfortunately not able to suit my needs. (Refer to the picture)
Perhaps this could be adapted to do so with the inclusion of a button, which would be greatly appreciated.
With your settings the fast ma becomes the slow ma and arrows don't work correctly. You have 3 forms of typical price. Regular typical price, Heiken typical price, and Heiken better formula typical price. Anyway did this version with your settings with the arrows on false with your settings but if using regular (non-shifted) settings the arrows should be fine.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Ricstar_8

mrtools wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:58 am With your settings the fast ma becomes the slow ma and arrows don't work correctly. You have 3 forms of typical price. Regular typical price, Heiken typical price, and Heiken better formula typical price. Anyway did this version with your settings with the arrows on false with your settings but if using regular (non-shifted) settings the arrows should be fine.
Thanks for the prompt reply.
Unfortunately, with both MA's the same number, all of the typical settings with shifts 0 & 1 only produce 1 line. including the average HLOC/4 & the average medium body OC/2.
Therefore, I can only presume that if you were to add in the price I am looking for (Typical Price HLC/3) it would turn out the same, bringing me to the conclusion that with the code as it currently stands will not allow this.
Sorry mate I don't mean to be an inconvenience. At the end of the day, maybe I'll just have to use the standard moving average indicator twice, that comes with MT4.

Woodyz wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:47 pm Thanks for the prompt reply.
Unfortunately, with both MA's the same number, all of the typical settings with shifts 0 & 1 only produce 1 line. including the average HLOC/4 & the average medium body OC/2.
Therefore, I can only presume that if you were to add in the price I am looking for (Typical Price HLC/3) it would turn out the same, bringing me to the conclusion that with the code as it currently stands will not allow this.
Sorry mate I don't mean to be an inconvenience. At the end of the day, maybe I'll just have to use the standard moving average indicator twice, that comes with MT4.
i this works for you! try
one yellow line shift is mt4 ma line and another attached one.
the concept seems fits try.
"There is NO GOD higher than TRUTH" - Mahatma Gandhi

Woodyz wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:47 pm Thanks for the prompt reply.
The version I just posted has typical price by default and I get this. Oh well I tried!
Attachments