Re: Indicators with ON/OFF buttons

DVanAssen wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:11 pm Hi Dear Kvak

Trust all is good on your side over this Easter weekend

If at all possible with time allowed please be so kind as to add a button onto this indy and pass back in mql.

Stay well and safe
Deane
Hello.
Happy Easter weekend for you.....
Try this version.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 3):
talaate, DVanAssen, Jimmy

ixion700 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:15 pm Hello dear @kvak. Recently I was thinking about RVI again. We know the main idea of RVI is to compare median body price to median(CO/HL). It is ok, but then what is this value compared to? To nothing! and I think it is a problem. This value should be compared to ATR. Both LWPI(OC/ATR) and CVI(MC/ATR) involve ATR in their calculation and that's why they work great! so why not follow the same road with RVI? I think the formula should be like this: (C-O/H-L)/ATR for the given period. After that maybe some normalization becomes necessary or maybe not. Hope this can catch your interest to look into, but anyway I would love to know what you think about the whole idea. Best regards and appreciation in forward.
Hello, I am trying some calculation with ATR, but it is not working....
These users thanked the author kvak for the post:
ixion700

kvak wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:17 am Hello, I am trying some calculation with ATR, but it is not working....
Hello dear @Kvak. Thank you so much for your time and the effort. Could you give this formula a shot too and let me know if it works or not please? Here is my suggestion:
(C-O/H-L) × (C/ATR)= Modern RVI
Appreciation in forward.
PS: This one can also mean something: (C-O/H-L)×(ATR)× (1/C)
Think out of the box!

ixion700 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:52 pm Hello dear @Kvak. Thank you so much for your time and the effort. Could you give this formula a shot too and let me know if it works or not please? Here is my suggestion:
(C-O/H-L) × (C/ATR)= Modern RVI
Appreciation in forward.
PS: This one can also mean something: (C-O/H-L)×(ATR)× (1/C)
Hello, I think it will be not working.
RVI calculation
numerator = (CLOSE-OPEN) + 2 * (CLOSE-1 - OPEN-1) + 2 * (CLOSE-2 - OPEN-2) + (CLOSE-3 - OPEN-3)
denominator = (HIGH-LOW) + 2 x (HIGH-1 - LOW-1) + 2 x (HIGH-2 - LOW-2) + (HIGH-3 - LOW-3)

rvi = numerator / denominator
These users thanked the author kvak for the post:
ixion700

kvak wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:01 am Hello, I think it will be not working.
RVI calculation
numerator = (CLOSE-OPEN) + 2 * (CLOSE-1 - OPEN-1) + 2 * (CLOSE-2 - OPEN-2) + (CLOSE-3 - OPEN-3)
denominator = (HIGH-LOW) + 2 x (HIGH-1 - LOW-1) + 2 x (HIGH-2 - LOW-2) + (HIGH-3 - LOW-3)

rvi = numerator / denominator
I don't see what could be the issue. RVI(with same formula you mentioned) * (CLOSE/ATR) for the given period. Or I'm missing something?
Think out of the box!