Re: CCI indicators for MT4

kvak wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:41 am CCI trend histo with lots options

mr.kvak
i think there is an error for the outer opposite cross level colour change!
can you advise what is opposite cross means!

if possible can you update level cross bar as

1. ENTER LEVEL (Cross above 100 for up and crosses below -100 for down)
2. EXIT LEVEL (ie. cross below 100 for down and crosses up -100 for up)
see snap
Attachments
"There is NO GOD higher than TRUTH" - Mahatma Gandhi

sal wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:56 pm mr.kvak
i think there is an error for the outer opposite cross level colour change!
can you advise what is opposite cross means!

if possible can you update level cross bar as

1. ENTER LEVEL (Cross above 100 for up and crosses below -100 for down)
2. EXIT LEVEL (ie. cross below 100 for down and crosses up -100 for up)
see snap
No, all is ok, logic is simple and you may compare it with your first subwindow, trend only change when new trend appear....
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, sal

TEAMTRADER wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:09 pm
The last week I've been testing your setup.

If you have time, would you mind sharing when you enter and when you exit. Apart from the obvious choices from what the indicator tells you.
Do you only trade the reversals, since you are on the M1 do enter and exit quickly, or hold onto trades?
I sometimes notice the Trend divergence keeps calling divergences even though price is still continuing with the trend. What do you do in those cases?

Any tips would be helpful. Thanks.
Cheers,

Opita

SadRe: CCI indicators for MT4

opita wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:15 am The last week I've been testing your setup.

If you have time, would you mind sharing when you enter and when you exit. Apart from the obvious choices from what the indicator tells you.
Do you only trade the reversals, since you are on the M1 do enter and exit quickly, or hold onto trades?
I sometimes notice the Trend divergence keeps calling divergences even though price is still continuing with the trend. What do you do in those cases?

I also use stochastic as the entry exit indi whilst using the more accurate CCI to control the bigger moves - having said that I am not trading/mentoring now as trading needs full concentration and in my home it is impossible at the moment........ :sad:
TEAMTRADER
These users thanked the author TEAMTRADER for the post:
opita

Just as a heads up:- this may be useful - I have both the stochs indicators on top of the CCI True Trend indi, but they can both be put in a separate window if that is easier for you. They are intended to go one on top of the other.
The colour ma is a 100 sma moving average and I use it simply for reference.
The others are HMMA - Hull Multiple Moving Averages starting from 21 in multiples of 7 until the sixth HMA of 56 setting.
That is one of my scalping templates.
TEAMTRADER
These users thanked the author TEAMTRADER for the post:
Jimmy

opita wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:15 am The last week I've been testing your setup.

I've posted above the combination stochs I use with the CCI if you are interested.
TEAMTRADER