Re: Windows 10 to 11

Curioso wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:36 am You receive updates for your windows 7? How is possible when the ESU, only possible extent if pay more than 2y the EndOfLife

More info about the ESU on Windows 7 https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troub ... pdates-faq

And on the oficial repo:
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.co ... =windows+7
I tend not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but perhaps users of non-upgradeable Windows 7 pc's are unofficially grandfathered into ongoing support. In any event, I really appreciate the ongoing support. My last mac machine was an Apple IIe. Maybe Microsoft wants to keep it that way.
These users thanked the author JohnnyRy for the post:
Curioso
“[A]s we know, there are known knowns—there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns—that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”—Donald Rumsfeld, 2002

JohnnyRy wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:51 am I tend not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but perhaps users of non-upgradeable Windows 7 pc's are unofficially grandfathered into ongoing support. In any event, I really appreciate the ongoing support. My last mac machine was an Apple IIe. Maybe Microsoft wants to keep it that way.
I wish all the apps i use for trading worked with W7.
These users thanked the author Curioso for the post:
JohnnyRy

New System Requirements for Win 11 24H2 & How to Check Your CPU Compatibility.

Windows continue to force people to continually upgrade by removing support from older versions and machines.

(The free download for CPU-7 linked in the description works fine)

These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
Curioso

Ogee wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:59 pm Good rant from a 24H2 Windows beta tester on why Windows has been shit since Win7 and I agree and did see at the time that the problem was MS trying to use the same interface for desktops and tablets, it just never really worked and still doesn't.

Totally agree with you, and sooner or later, it will only be a matter of time before we no longer have total control over our computer.
And perhaps the way forward is that when we configure our local security policies, it becomes an unsecured device. Like the video i share in a previous post.
These users thanked the author Curioso for the post (total 3):
Ogee, JohnnyRy, WOLF