Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:59 pm Today's trading on the NIKKEI and hitting my target (Goldilocks target of 26%).

This strategy is equally applicable to GOLD and DOW, or even a combination of all three markets.

Here's a breakdown of today's NIKKEI trades:
1. I observed the price descending from a Square Top pattern.
2. Taking a SELL trade off the Index Entry level the price continued down and broke below the Daily Open level, presenting my first opportunity to secure profit$ at the 1st Dot indicator (that said, I had already bailed my position as I had decent Pip$ worth booking).
3. The price then increased slightly above the Daily Open, forming a 2nd Dot. As it began to decline again and cross below the Daily Open, it marked an excellent entry point. The overall market sentiment appeared bearish, and the price was crossing below all the EMAs on the M5 timeframe. So my second SELL trade was taking.
4. Finally, I would close out and book my Pip$ upon reaching the Arrow Dot indicator (except, I bailed earlier again as I blew past my daily % target, but hopefully, you get the picture).
Xard777

Off to bed for a power nap ZZZZzzz
Hi Mr. XARD,

For some time I have been reading with interest (from the first page) the evolution of your system and a few days ago I started to try it alongside my system.

I only trade on the DAX (for now) but in general I don't like Forex, only indices and gold.

I have a question: on the XARD UNIVERSE V65 (the one I use at the moment) the EMAs are 13-34-55. Do you also recommend them for indexes?

PS. sorry for my English/Italian ahahaha!
XARD: For Indices and gold I quite like (13, 55, 89) but mainly looking for crossing of EMAs 13, 55 - so you should be fine with your current setup.

xard777 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:59 pm Today's trading on the NIKKEI and hitting my target (Goldilocks target of 26%).

This strategy is equally applicable to GOLD and DOW, or even a combination of all three markets.

2. Taking a SELL trade off the Index Entry level the price continued down and broke below the Daily Open level, presenting my first opportunity to secure profit$ at the 1st Dot indicator (that said, I had already bailed my position as I had decent Pip$ worth booking).
3. The price then increased slightly above the Daily Open, forming a 2nd Dot. As it began to decline again and cross below the Daily Open, it marked an excellent entry point. The overall market sentiment appeared bearish, and the price was crossing below all the EMAs on the M5 timeframe. So my second SELL trade was taking.
4. Finally, I would close out and book my Pip$ upon reaching the Arrow Dot indicator (except, I bailed earlier again as I blew past my daily % target, but hopefully, you get the picture).
Xard777

Thank so much for your precious response!

In my test I have some problems in change of bias:
in this trade on Nikkey you enter after Squared Arrow Down, but what is the confirmation of the change of bias?
You entered on 5m after the index entry and the color was gray ok but not red, the EMAs are green, nessun 2nd dot.
The only confirmation of bias change is on 15m but also here the situation is the same.

What can't I understand? What do my eyes not see and yours do?
XARD: On the M5 timeframe, Squares can change their positions as the price fluctuates, but one constant usually remains: the Arrow Dots. While Arrow Dots can also move, they are generally more stable. If you compare yesterday's chart (or even the day before) with today's chart, you will notice that the Arrow Dots tend to hold their positions fairly well.
Here is a 15min chart showing 5min Arrows/Squares & MAs, you can see that the Square changes from yesterday's high but the Arrows really stays stable. My main trade yesterday on Nikkei was a SELL off the Square/Index line which later changed as the square changed today but the Arrow did not change so we still have a down move off the Arrow (with an additional second trade off the 2nd Dot still going down off the Arrow). The Candle colors would have remained the same as Candles are traded from Arrow to Arrow so no change there.
  • Once you've seen it, you can't unsee it.
These users thanked the author lukgoku for the post:
LorenzoNexus

### Strategy Overview
1. **Moving Averages (MAs)**:
**13-Period MA**: Represents short-term trend and momentum.
**55-Period MA**: Represents intermediate-term trend.
**89-Period MA**: Represents long-term trend, providing a broader market perspective.

Dear Mr xard
How long is a short-term trend? And so intermediate-term and long-term?
In my case, I trade intra-day with no carry trades, so I am in and out of the market each day.
XARD: So in a nutshell, I would be looking to trade the EMA 13, 55 & 89 lines within a short duration using the 233 Semafor Square to Square cycle on 15min TF. I like to scalp 5min even though I really should be trading 15min TF. So now I display 5min stuff on my 15min chart and just trade 15min TF only. Best of both worlds. Here is a screenshot...The thick ZZ1 line Goes from 15min Square to 15min Square and can be a couple of days to a couple of weeks for completion. The Gray Square on the chart is 5mins and the larger white Square in the background displays the 15mins Square. The Arrows and EMA lines are all from 5mins TF. Candles are from 5min Arrows to 5min Arrow and change color on the cross of the 5min 89 EMA line. As I like to know where market sentiment is, I show when price is Above or Below the Daily Open line with a colored text box top left of screen.
These users thanked the author jimfang for the post (total 4):
Curioso, Andreas2000, JCCTREND, Erebøs_X

Xard777

I have two questions at this point: I use the TM 1M and HTF 5M, should I deduce that the Arrow and Square Arrow are much more flattering on the TF 1M? Maybe that's why I can't understand their behavior?
Could ema 89 help me better confirm the arrow bias change? Today on the Dax at 1m he brought me the blue arrow from 2.45pm to 6pm without ever confirming it and so this confuses me. How can I understand this?

As well as showing the 5min chart on the 15m TF I decided to put the 5min chart on the 30m TF (just for fun).
Yesterday I had GPT-4o make the EMAs 13, 55 and 89 indicator to show 5min MA lines on other TFs (still a work in progress, but I was pleased with the result).
On my charts I switch my EMA 89 line from close to Gann High/Low to emphasize my ribbon for turning points (makes it thicker, better visual for the eye).
Going out today with my son, so no trading.
Xard777
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 13):
Mickey Abi, Curioso, BeatlemaniaSA, Wole, thomdel, Skyold, lukgoku, maroka, MarcoGee, 88FX88, Musashi, Erebøs_X, LorenzoNexus
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world