Re: Convert MT4 indicators to MT5

kvak wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 5:13 pm Hello...from picture, what I see. In one setup you use 30 min timeframe indicator settings in 5 minute graf. Second picture is current timeframe...also in one you use 15 and second use 30 period.... And this you compared?
15 is not a chart period, this value (Trendtrigger factor bars) is to take into account 15 bars. This is exactly what is missing in the MT5 version. On both screens, the time frame of 30 is indicated in the indicators

Bazhenov wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:16 pm 15 is not a chart period, this value (Trendtrigger factor bars) is to take into account 15 bars. This is exactly what is missing in the MT5 version. On both screens, the time frame of 30 is indicated in the indicators
You mixed period and timeframes, this is not same...
MT5 version is not multitimeframes.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post:
mrtools

Bazhenov wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:16 pm 15 is not a chart period, this value (Trendtrigger factor bars) is to take into account 15 bars. This is exactly what is missing in the MT5 version. On both screens, the time frame of 30 is indicated in the indicators
Like Kvak said on your mt4 version it is mtf and you have it set for a 30 minute timeframe on your 5 min chart. Your settings between the mt4 and mt5 versions don't match.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
kvak

snoopyzam wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:02 am I need little help, I use below code in mql4 code but since I a m using it in mql5 code, it does gives some error which I cannot understand, so kindly requesting you to correct it, this code I want to use to lock robot under account holder name, thanks in advance 🌹 🌷 💐

if(AccountName ()!="AhmadKhan")
{
ExpertRemove();
}
Check out https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/account/accountinfointeger
“[A]s we know, there are known knowns—there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns—that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”—Donald Rumsfeld, 2002

REDntense wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:45 am Thank you for taking your time to do these jobs, it works fine just....
The moving average type option (volume weighted ma) is missing, that's the one I use. This indicator on MT4 appears the option of RSI Regular on MT5 no. Maybe I'm confused or it's just the normal RSI.
Hello. Here is version with updated average pack ( not all from my MT4 version for now ) . But all volume weighted is in.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 5):
JohnnyRy, REDntense, thomdel, josi, RodrigoRT7

kvak wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:44 am Hello. Here is version with updated average pack ( not all from my MT4 version for now ) . But all volume weighted is in.
Thank you, it looks great
Tom Baldwin: “What separates the 1% from the other 99% is an enormous amount of effort. It's perseverance. You have to like doing it.”
Paul Tudor Jones: “Trading is a constant struggle between fear and greed.”
Larry Hite: “You don't need to be in every operation. “There is always another good opportunity in the market.”
Michael Marcus: “I don't care if I'm wrong or if I'm right. What matters to me is how much I win when I'm right and how much I lose when I'm wrong.”