Can no longer log into IC Markets Global

Hey,

I live in Europe and registered with IC Markets Global a long time ago because I wanted to trade with 1:500 leverage.

When I want to log in now, I am redirected directly and without detours to IC Markets EU, where unfortunately I can only have 1:30 leverage. I can't click on anything other than "continue"

Has IC Markets Global stopped working with clients from Europe?

The employee in the chatbox could not help me. :roll:

Does anyone else have this problem?
Attachments
These users thanked the author Samoth for the post (total 2):
moey_dw, GoldenBrett90
“The market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient.” - Warren Buffet

Re: Can no longer log into IC Markets Global

Samoth wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:45 pm Hey,

I live in Europe and registered with IC Markets Global a long time ago because I wanted to trade with 1:500 leverage.

When I want to log in now, I am redirected directly and without detours to IC Markets EU, where unfortunately I can only have 1:30 leverage. I can't click on anything other than "continue"

Has IC Markets Global stopped working with clients from Europe?

The employee in the chatbox could not help me. :roll:

Does anyone else have this problem?
Hello Samoth,

Can you go in private mode in your browser an go to: https://secure.icmarkets.com

Attention, in the icmarkets now is necessary login with 2fa authentication.
These users thanked the author Curioso for the post:
Samoth

Re: Can no longer log into IC Markets Global

Samoth wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:45 pm I live in Europe and registered with IC Markets Global a long time ago because I wanted to trade with 1:500 leverage.
Once again, I'm not the internet police but 1:30 leverage is the maximum leverage pursuant to the EU's ESMA regulations. IC Markets is likely in fear of getting hammered by the ESMA.

https://www.esma.europa.eu/sites/defaul ... y_2019.pdf
“[A]s we know, there are known knowns—there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns—that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”—Donald Rumsfeld, 2002