Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

DaveTrader wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:50 pm When using Xard’s charts, always keep in mind that this is a trend FOLLOWING strategy. You are not looking for the perfect reversal entry. You are looking to ride a trend…as Xard says, “take some meat off the bone”.
Look friend, what you said makes a lot of sense...

I'm not a beginner, I've been trying and fighting for my financial success for years and I've studied the xard system before...

About following the trend, it seems much easier to simply enter the colored dots following the thick line...
I don't know if I'm right, but sometimes simply looking at where the thick line is going (going up or down) and waiting for a point in favor of the direction of that line seems easier and more effective than doing this step-by-step reversal

DaveTrader wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:50 pm When using Xard’s charts, always keep in mind that this is a trend FOLLOWING strategy. You are not looking for the perfect reversal entry. You are looking to ride a trend…as Xard says, “take some meat off the bone”.
Now I don't know for sure if I should just follow the trend (thick line) or wait for a reversal step by step.

as our curious friend showed an example of btc usd waiting for a reversal but did not sell because 1 colored dot was missing,
in the same trade a blue colored dot appeared in favor of the trend and if I had bought it it would have resulted in a gain

So I honestly don't know if the best way is to wait for the reversal or just follow the trend (thick line)
Attachments

1337br wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 pm Now I don't know for sure if I should just follow the trend (thick line) or wait for a reversal step by step.

as our curious friend showed an example of btc usd waiting for a reversal but did not sell because 1 colored dot was missing,
in the same trade a blue colored dot appeared in favor of the trend and if I had bought it it would have resulted in a gain

So I honestly don't know if the best way is to wait for the reversal or just follow the trend (thick line)
The zigzag lines will repaint, just like the dots. So then it comes down to the age old question, is that indeed the end of the trend?

When I see the big square arrow dot at the top, like in this BTC example, it looks to me like it will be a continuation of the uptrend, after a pullback. That is how I would approach it. If that pullback at the pink dot retests the top and makes another blue>pink dot below the big arrow, I would enter the sell feeling as though the downtrend is “more confirmed”.

The trader must come to terms with the fact that he will miss out on most of those first impulse reversal moves. Also keep in mind that if you had taken that sell on point #5 and had good risk management, the loss would have been easily absorbed and cancelled out by the gains in the ensuing buy set up that appeared.

The questions you raise are valid and is the trickiest part. Use the ADR levels to help (-15/+15%). Also check out the Legacy of Gann indicator. It is a free download on this forum and there are some accompanying videos for its use. My mt4 broker does not have BTC available on the weekend, but if I were to put a gann triangle on that sell set up in question, I would assume it would show a pretty small take profit level, giving me more pause that it is a reversal. That is another tool at your disposal for those types of trades.
These users thanked the author DaveTrader for the post:
Curioso

DaveTrader wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:48 am The zigzag lines will repaint, just like the dots. So then it comes down to the age old question, is that indeed the end of the trend?

When I see the big square arrow dot at the top, like in this BTC example, it looks to me like it will be a continuation of the uptrend, after a pullback. That is how I would approach it. If that pullback at the pink dot retests the top and makes another blue>pink dot below the big arrow, I would enter the sell feeling as though the downtrend is “more confirmed”.

The trader must come to terms with the fact that he will miss out on most of those first impulse reversal moves. Also keep in mind that if you had taken that sell on point #5 and had good risk management, the loss would have been easily absorbed and cancelled out by the gains in the ensuing buy set up that appeared.

The questions you raise are valid and is the trickiest part. Use the ADR levels to help (-15/+15%). Also check out the Legacy of Gann indicator. It is a free download on this forum and there are some accompanying videos for its use. My mt4 broker does not have BTC available on the weekend, but if I were to put a gann triangle on that sell set up in question, I would assume it would show a pretty small take profit level, giving me more pause that it is a reversal. That is another tool at your disposal for those types of trades.
thank you for the tips,
I had forgotten that ADR detail...
I don't really know how the adr percentages work, but I'll keep an eye on it
These users thanked the author 1337br for the post:
Curioso

1337br wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:54 am thank you for the tips,
I had forgotten that ADR detail...
I don't really know how the adr percentages work, but I'll keep an eye on it
On Xard's charts the Buy/Pivot & Sell/Pivot text in the ADR are at 15% and -15%, respectively. The other levels are where you would look for pullbacks and continuation, pullbacks and reversals or take profit levels. Some levels traditionally carry more influence than others.
These users thanked the author DaveTrader for the post:
Curioso

DaveTrader wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:39 am Legacy of Gann with some explanation. Thank you, Beatle.

post1295536803.html#p1295536803

edit: my bad, here is the indicator
post1295535862.html#p1295535862
Hello DaveTrader,

Thank you, with each new version, there are different ideas, but the logic is there. You just have to understand which one best suit your trading style.
These users thanked the author Curioso for the post:
DaveTrader