Re: Want to make money using renko? Simple and powerfull strategy

icman wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:54 pm Thank you for sharing this, chickensword.
Can you please advise what to do with the problem I have in this screenshot? The EmaCross arrows double themselves every new candle.
Thank you very much!
yes, if the ea or indy on the 1 minute chart has a look back number of bars, also called count back, limit it to 5000 or less. If not go to mt4 'Tools' > 'Options' > 'Charts' and limit max bars in History and max bars in charts to 5000 or less.

Ogee wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:10 pm yes, if the ea or indy on the 1 minute chart has a look back number of bars, also called count back, limit it to 5000 or less. If not go to mt4 'Tools' > 'Options' > 'Charts' and limit max bars in History and max bars in charts to 5000 or less.
Thank you for your reply, Ogee. But the max bars in history and in charts are both set to 1000.
And the indicator does not have that option.
Any other ideas?

Much appreciated.

icman wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:02 am Thank you for your reply, Ogee. But the max bars in history and in charts are both set to 1000.
And the indicator does not have that option.
Any other ideas?

Much appreciated.
yes, this can also happen if using a very small brick size, try increasing brick size by 0.5 point increments and see what happens.

The other solution is to try another chart builder, the one you are using is not ideal, see the occasional very long tails where 2 or 3 bricks should have been stamped instead.

In my Renko Collection post there are 3 very stable chart builders (add to the experts folder not indy folder). Between the 3 of them you have the choice of gapped, non-gapped, rail to rail, mean and median shift Renko charts.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
TransparentTrader

Ogee wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:16 am yes, this can also happen if using a very small brick size, try increasing brick size by 0.5 point increments and see what happens.

The other solution is to try another chart builder, the one you are using is not ideal, see the occasional very long tails where 2 or 3 bricks should have been stamped instead.

In my Renko Collection post there are 3 very stable chart builders (add to the experts folder not indy folder). Between the 3 of them you have the choice of gapped, non-gapped, rail to rail, mean and median shift Renko charts.
Just FYI, I tried the indicator with Omnia Bars Renko Chart and it has the same error of multiplying the arrows.