Re: Unusual spam

Update - the site has not been hacked

Just received a heads up from the webmaster community that this is now a widespread issue on many boards and has been occurring over the past 7 days on forums all over the world due to a data leak.

According to other site owners, the spammers are using compromised personal e-mails and/or passwords to gain access to these inactive accounts from the past. Fortunately for us, it's nothing to do with a security issue on our site. But for the accounts that have been hijacked, your details might have been shared in a data leak (not from our site).

To check if your e-mail or password has been leaked from some shady website, we advise you check this site for yourself on the Have i been pwned? database.

If your e-mail shows up on this database:

• Change all your personal e-mail passwords
  • Don't forget to not use those compromised passwords on your Forex-station account

For now, we've stopped user Registrations, and if we notice spam from your account, we'll delete the spam (not ban you) and send you an e-mail with reactivation details.

Confirming, the site has not been hacked.

Thanks for the reports!
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 3):
Jedidiah, moey_dw, p1ps_surfer
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Re: Unusual spam

Jimmy wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:43 pm Update - the site has not been hacked

Just received a heads up from the webmaster community that this is now a widespread issue on many boards and has been occurring over the past 7 days on forums all over the world due to a data leak.

According to other site owners, the spammers are using compromised personal e-mails and/or passwords to gain access to these inactive accounts from the past. Fortunately for us, it's nothing to do with a security issue on our site. But for the accounts that have been hijacked, your details might have been shared in a data leak (not from our site).

To check if your e-mail or password has been leaked from some shady website, we advise you check this site for yourself on the Have i been pwned? database.

If your e-mail shows up on this database:

• Change all your personal e-mail passwords
  • Don't forget to not use those compromised passwords on your Forex-station account

For now, we've stopped user Registrations, and if we notice spam from your account, we'll delete the spam (not ban you) and send you an e-mail with reactivation details.

Confirming, the site has not been hacked.

Thanks for the reports!
im back gentleman! thx jim, please read my PM. funny enough my 2nd acc being banned the day i post my report for releasing this account, my gmail also use 2 step acc verification.
the mistake that i make is i dont change the acc pass prior the activation. the same pass during the acc creation, perhaps that snippets being sniffed through the net.
These users thanked the author p1ps_surfer for the post (total 2):
Jimmy, Jedidiah

LikeRe: Unusual spam

p1ps_surfer wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:15 pm im back gentleman! thx jim, please read my PM. funny enough my 2nd acc being banned the day i post my report for releasing this account, my gmail also use 2 step acc verification.
the mistake that i make is i dont change the acc pass prior the activation. the same pass during the acc creation, perhaps that snippets being sniffed through the net.
Good, thank you for explaining it and reactivating your account.

Yes, sometimes when there are data leaks on certain websites any of us can all be affected. We just need to be vigilant with our passwords.

Now that this has been solved we can resume new registrations again and hope to see you around more.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, p1ps_surfer
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance