Re: Honje's collection of indicators, strategies and trading journals

BeatlemaniaSA wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:34 pm Haha, PumbaPLS, no no I do NOT plan to trade ALL those indices at the same time :Rofl: I usually would trade US200, US500 and US30. The others I like because maybe on a different day I'll ONLY trade UK100 or any of the others ;) NEVER all at the same time :D

Regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
haha okay I see, that makes a lot more sense :lmao:
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

太虚一毫 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:31 pm It would be more interesting if the creators learn from Mr. Jimmy's "Forex-Station's Daily Download Thread", the recommended indicators, and your own comments. ;)
Great idea, I'll do this next
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post:
太虚一毫
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

Starting next week,
I probably only have time to chat on the forums after 8pm Tokyo time. and foreign exchange transactions.
I found a job.
I will work for a while.
I need more margin.
This gives me more confidence to trade. <3
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

PumbaPLS wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:36 pm Indices are comprised of many different stocks/companies.

US30 -> comprised of 30
SP500 -> comprised of 500
etc.

So generally you find.. when most Stocks go up the indices are also going up.
As all those indices are somewhat entangled with each other due to the comprised stocks, so you see them move often in tandem.
They can at times move differently though, as for example the NAS (US100) has more Tech Stocks included.

When trading indices you often want to use more than 1 indice to confirm a direction.

Example:

Lets say US 30 is going up, but NAS is going down.
You should then better wait till both US30 and NAS agree with each other to one direction before trading.

Beatle is using 8 indices... which I personally think to be overkill. As previously said very often those indices move very similar.

For most Traders I would suggest using 3 indices for their trading. This is usually more than enough.

The indices I would recommend are the "3 Amigos"

US100 - US30 - US500 As they generally have the most traded Volume and are rather volatile.
I personally Included DE40 in my list.

I hope this helps.

I include my trading setup for reference how I am scalping indices every day.
I got it.
Thanks to Pumba PLS for selflessly telling me so much.
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post (total 2):
PumbaPLS, Chickenspicy

Before, I have been focusing on various bands, Bollinger bands, and channel indicators.
Now I realize.
moving average that does not lag is also particularly important for trend judgment

Goal for this weekend. Try all the indicators of the moving average category available on the forum one by one.

These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post:
BeatlemaniaSA

Jimmy wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:05 pm ADXvma

It is strange! I really like it as a filter on certain subwindow indicators because it removes fluctuations.

Many analysts argue (especially in Futures) that ADXvma is just an "Exponential Moving Average" or a "Modified VIDYA (VMA)" because there is no direct link to the ADX formula. I disagree, as the VIDYA is considered "the nephew of the ADX" and there's also a bit more to it.

The ADXvma has the SMA in Chande's CMO replaced with an EMA, it then uses a few more layers of EMA smoothing before the "Volatility Index" is calculated.
A side effect is, those additional layers slow down the ADXvma when you compare it to the actual VIDYA (VMA).

However, the good thing about it is once there's consolidation detected, the ADXvma stays flat for longer. When it eventually signals to the upside or downside, the entries are much stronger and more accurate than any traditional EMA or VIDYA (VMA).

This is why many indicators really do "look" good with the ADXvma filter applied to them.

Here are a few indicators that you may look at that have been referenced above:

Seeing that ADXvma has lagging properties, one can only imagine if the EMA smoothing of ADXvma was replaced with the much more superior Jurik smoothing instead! :Shocked:

The official description of the ADXvma by Linnsoft:
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post (total 3):
Chickenspicy, RodrigoRT7, vvFish