Re: Honje's collection of indicators, strategies and trading journals

honje19960321 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:08 pm I'm not a big fan of visiting forex exchange forums in China. It feels really bad over there. to be frank.
Cheers man, that comment means a lot to us. It's a labor of our love for the trading community. Even though our site still lacks a few things haha.

What's up with the forums over in China? Any secret trading systems they have over there that we could use? :lol:
I'd bet they have some interesting things over there.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 3):
Jedidiah, Chickenspicy, berserkyjc
Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Jimmy wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:47 pm Cheers man, that comment means a lot to us. It's a labor of our love for the trading community. Even though our site still lacks a few things haha.

What's up with the forums over in China? Any secret trading systems they have over there that we could use? :lol:
I'd bet they have some interesting things over there.
:hug:
1. They like to overstate the benefits of metrics
2. Most of the indicators come from countries other than China, including foreign exchange stations
3. Free indicators are used for charging. Although the cost is very low, I am not interested for the time being.
Maybe some indicators work well. But I'm still a newbie just getting started.
I really don't want to be misled by the wrong values ​​of market trading.
In the future, I will filter out their bad indicators and share useful indicators with foreign exchange stations for free.
<3
Attachments
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post:
Chickenspicy
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

I downloaded a lot of indicators from Forex-Station's Daily Download Thread that helped me and I was worried that I would get confused. . . So make a note
Darks wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:46 pm Try this and also you could set max bars in history to 5000 to speed up the terminal.
Jimmy wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:00 pm Man that gives me nausea! :facepalm:

I like this indicator, thanks Mrtools.

PS: Not much of an upgrade but I've updated and changed the font to Arial as well as the symbol, to sort of modernize it a bit for 2021 :razz:
mrtools wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:37 am Made this one, it is using T3 smoothing.
mrtools wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:39 am Not sure if it's been updated already or not, but this is an updated version of Mladen's version of Behgozin strength finder.
mrtools wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:51 am Atr bands added.
mrtools wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:43 am Made this one, it's mtf, you can invert the values, and it's mtf. The coloring and alerts are on vix slope change.
Also has a stochastic vix option and band option.
khtauon wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:44 am Really appreciate the feedback! This is part of my reason I decided to post here so that I could get more advice on my coding.

Here's the latest version where I followed your suggestion & made the code a bit cleaner:

MACD_Momentum_&_Trend_Index_1.031.mq4
mrtools wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:56 am Arrows added, optimized the code somewhat, and changed out the mtf to use the lighter mtf.
mrtools wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:31 pm Added mtf and alerts.
mrtools wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:41 am Mtf added.
mrtools wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:27 am Added divergence.
mrtools wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:43 am Added mtf, all the averages and alerts added a few posts above.
mrtools wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:44 am Added all the averages. The picture is with adxvma
mrtools wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:18 pm This was a mod of the bb macd i did quite awhile back.
Darks wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:58 pm Adding a MT4 version of Mladen's seconds chart indicator.
mrtools wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:09 pm The original arrows do you want to keep? Btw, Thanks for posting this indicator, had forgot about it.

ps) since won't get to finish till late tomorrow, try this preliminary version (no alerts or arrows yet) but the code is optimized somewhat and it should be a lighter, faster version.
mrtools wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:56 am Added the average and price options along with the histogram border.
mrtools wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:38 am This is an old version i had made awhile back, just updated it.
mrtools wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:02 pm Made the center ma to be colored according to that ma's slope.
Csj179t wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:11 am Hi Narutopips,

You've not uploaded indicator that you are having issue with.
And probably all is fine with indicator that you use, its just MTF on most indicators works with higher than your chart timerframes.
Example: on 15 minutes you can use 60 minutes .
p.s.
I know only one indicator by mrtools that can use lower timeframe on higher chart timeframe.
So you better talk to him how he makes such a magic with timeframes.... ;)
I'll attach that indicatior to this message.
mrtools wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:35 am Try it out.
mrtools wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:29 am Added zero cross alerts.
mrtools wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:13 am Made a version with the dots option.

PS: For the template used in our Daily Downloads post, please see here: Schaff Trend Cycle template for MT4.
mrtools wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:35 am Added mtf and alerts.
mrtools wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:54 am This is an rsi adaptive ema with levels, the levels are actually dsl ema levels with a choice of fast or slow ema.

PS: the candles and zones are drawn by Xard's !XU v5-XARDFX indicator.
mrtools wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:46 am Added arrows,auto candles, and shadow lines.
rijay wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:55 am POLYCHROMATIC MOMENTUM

ANOTHER GEM OF MLADEN
mrtools wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:52 am On chart slope arrows added.
Jimmy wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:02 pm Here is another gem from our archives that I couldn't find on our site the T3 Adaptive Absolute Strength indicator which was updated by Mladen to include the newer Multi-timeframe mode + Interpolation.
mrtools wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:55 am This is mama filled with button, thanks to Slyold for the idea!
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post (total 3):
Jimmy, Chickenspicy, DaffyTaffy
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

honje19960321 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:32 pm I downloaded a lot of indicators from Forex-Station's Daily Download Thread that helped me and I was worried that I would get confused. . . So make a note
Nothing makes me more happier than seeing a member looking through our topics and trying things out :hug:

Nice work bro.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, Chickenspicy
Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:15 pm What do you mean by "everyone is satan"? :think:
90% of the people in this forum are angels. In particular, several coding masters and godfathers have done a lot of free sharing work without asking for anything in return! ——Such a forum may be unique in the world. ;)
The devil is only 10%. Perhaps, the devil is only 5%.
These users thanked the author 太虚一毫 for the post (total 4):
Jedidiah, jonnyfx4711, ChuChu Rocket, Chickenspicy

mrtools wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:38 am Try this one.
naluvs01 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:34 am Hi everyone,

I found this Day of the Week indicator that helps with backtesting. It helps with identifying market cycles during the week.
Jimmy wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:31 pm Thanks for sharing and updating this old gem Mrtools :)

For those wondering what the "Impulse System" is, it's a simple trading system by Alexander Elder himself which consists of the MACD and the 13 period EMA.
Many traders including LazyBear from Tradingview also incorporate a 65 period EMA to show the prevailing trend.

The rules of the system are:

• Trade short (Sell) when the 13-period EMA falling
    MACD(12,26,9) histogram falling
  • Trade long (Buy) 13-period EMA rising
    MACD(12,26,9) histogram rising

Below is the Impulse System for MT4 with which includes the 65 EMA & 13 EMA (in Moving Average Ribbon form) as well as the WIS MACD by Vladimir Gospodinov which was purposely designed for this system.

A PDF has also been attached which includes information on Elder's systems.

PS: Thanks to Mrtools's MTF + Interpolation this system works very well on the 1 Hour charts using 4 Hour MTF :thumbup:
Jimmy wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:36 pm Here's another gem that was posted by Mladen back in the day for a TSD member called the MACD FX5 DEMA Divergences.

There is also another version of this which is just the standard FX5 MACD Divergences here: FX5 MACD Divergences for MT4.

As explained by Mladen in the TSD days:

mrtools wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:05 pm Added divergence.
ionone wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:13 pm here is my version of BB.

You can change the periods for the MA independently from the period of the deviation.

i also integrated the possibility to power the deviation. Which can lead to more functionalities (enhancing low or high values)

All i'm asking in return is that if you find a good set file please send it to me. If you want more functionalities ask me and i'll integrate them

thanks
cheers!
Jeff

Default set :

Set 1 :

Set 2 :
Jimmy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:44 pm This one is a hidden gem that was optimized by Mladen back in the day called the FRAMA (Fractal Adaptive Moving Average) MACD.
The original concept was by John Ehlers back in 2006 and then Matt Kennel (MrPip) made one version and this final version is by Mladen.

Although simple in it's form and without many options, this indicator performs very well for trading trends (especially for aggressive traders who are often in a hurry to open positions when the MACD's line "cross" before further confluence).

As explained by Mladen:
FractalMA macd like 2 ... Has a signal line and you can choose the signal line calculation mode (the usual sma ,ema, smma and lwma modes).

Thank you to Mladen for this code :)
Jimmy wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:26 pm Here is a gem of an indicator which was made by Mrtools & Mladen a few years ago called the Dynamic Double Zone CMO (Chande's Momentum Oscillator) Smoothed which comes with Multi-timeframe + Interpolation, Arrows, Alerts & more.

This one is definitely a stand out indicator which is good for beginners looking for something reliable for intraday trading.
Jimmy wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:26 pm Here is another hidden gem from our archives: The Smoother RSI Adaptive with Floating Levels for MT4.

This high-quality indicator created by Mladen is superb for trading trends and breakouts as it comes equiped with Floating Levels, (newer drop down box) Multi-timeframe mode + Interpolation, Alerts & a host of additional advanced options.

Be sure to try this indicator when the market opens next week.
Jimmy wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:36 pm This one is a true gem of an indicator from Mrtools back in the day called the PA (Phase Accumulation) Adaptive WPR (Williams %R) on QQE with Divergence.

A lot of work was put into this code and this one comes packed with options including Multi-timeframe + Interpolation, Alerts, Arrows, Hidden & Classic Divergence and much more.

Thanks Mrtools :)
Jimmy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:54 pm Last one for the night is the RSX Normalized Velocity Divergences which was another gem from Mrtools back in the TSD days. From the notes saved in our archives, Mrtools explained that this indicator is the Normalized Velocity with options for Normalizing using a choice of the 4 types of RSI (Regulars RSI, Wilders RSI, RSX & Cuttlers RSI).

This indicator also comes equipped with Multi-timeframe + Interpolation, Hidden & Classic Divergences, Alerts & much more.

Thanks Mrtools for this wonderful code :)
Jimmy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:26 pm Digging deeper into our old TSD archives this evening I have come across this gem from the past called the DTM (Digital Martingale) on Jurik by Mrtools. It comes complete with options such as MTF + Interpolation and Alerts and is an interesting indicator for scalping on the lower intraday timeframes.
Chickenspicy

Jimmy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:37 pm Here is an absolute gem made by Mladen called Pivot Touches.
It basically shows the bars that have "touched" pivot levels and also shows the distance from pivot levels and how many bars ago since the last touch of a pivot level. What a neat idea.

It also comes with alerts and whole host of other options.

Thanks to Mntiwana he's fixed it so that it is now compatible with the latest version of MT4!

pivot_touches.mq4
kvak wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:18 am Wpr with KAMA signal and possible KAMA smooth.
MTF, alerts and arrows.
4 type for coloring- cross level, signal, bands or on slope.

These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post (total 2):
RodrigoRT7, Chickenspicy

Now I am facing a problem which is one of the most common problems for newbies.
The indicators displayed on my MT4 chat are so messy :lmao:
Chickenspicy

mladen wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:55 am To start with (made by mrtools) :
mladen wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:58 am Dynamic zones PA (phase accumulation) adaptive MACD made to use either floating levels or quantiles.
kvak wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:31 am Hi.
All in one version.
Try it.
Chickenspicy

Banzai wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:13 pm

jeanlouie from another forum added a choice of display styles, for the original single line, arrow lines, and a single arrow at the start of each line.

This strategy was devised by Team Aphid.
It is a medium term, easy to trade system with a good win loss ratio.
It is traded using an indicator that is based on the ATR trailing stop.
Correct money management and risk is an extremely important factor in the success of using this system.
Attached you will also find the BAT arrow.mq4 indicator.

SET UP

1. During backtests, we used MT4 with Alpari data.
You can use any MT4 platform and data feed but due to variations between platforms and data feed.
Traders will get different signals as ATR lines-Prices/times etc on data feeds vary.
2. Use 1 Hour Chart and start with GBPUSD.
3. Put on the indicator BAT arrows.mq4. (Set the indicator parameters to ATR Period 5 and Factor to 4.0)
4. Insert on the chart the Fib retracement tool ( F and dotted lines button on toolbar.)
Once the fib lines are on the chart right,
click on the chart and go to ‘objects list’ and then
highlight the fib tool and click ‘edit’.
Go to the fibo level tab and enter or change the following.

Under:-
Level 0 Description ‘Swing’
Level 0.382 Description ’38.2 - 2 lots’
Level 0.618 ’61.8 - 1 lot’
Level 1 ‘Enter 1 lot’
Level 1.618 ‘161.8’

The Strategy

Entry

Our entry into a trade occurs when price breaks through the BAT line. If the current BAT is blue then price will be above it. As soon as price touches and breaks through the blue BAT we are going SHORT with one entry. It is a good idea to place a pending order at this BAT line to be sure not to miss the initial entry. Once price breaks through the blue BAT line then you will notice a red BAT line starting to form. It will not happen in the current time bar but will start to form at the close of the next time bar. The rules will be the reverse for a long trade.

Alerts

It is important to know when a trade is triggered as we then have to place pending orders. The MT platform has an alert facility in the terminal section. Please set this up to give you an alert as soon as price breaks through.

Simple Bat Trade

I will explain the simple BAT trade with the following example. See the chart 2.
Price was under the red BAT line from 22/12 and on 27/12 price breaks through the red BAT line at 9589.
We now place the fib lines on the chart. We draw the fib line from the trade entry point at 9589 to a recent or significant low. In this example I will draw the fib lines to the low of the bar 26/12 19.00 at 1.9511. See the chart.

Once the trade has been triggered (we will call this entry ‘trade1’) we place pending orders in the following way. They will be LONG trades.
Pending order for trade 2 at the 61.8 level 1 lot, pending order for 2 contracts (trade 3 and 4 ) at the 38.2 level.
Our stop loss at this stage will be 10 pips below the most recent low (The low we drew the fib to) .
The strategy is to pick up more trades if price retraces to these levels. In the simple BAT trade price does not retrace…..it just zooms through.

See chart 3…it shows that price just continues to go north. Once the price hits the 161.8 level then you can cancel your pending orders.
(If price turns around from the 161.8 level then it is most likely a reversal of trend and we do not want to be adding more trades)

Once the blue BAT line has started to form and once it passes our original stop we move our stop to the level of the blue BAT line and always keep it there.
The simple BAT exit for this trade is when price breaks through the blue BAT line and will give us entries to go SHORT.

Chickenspicy