Re: BeatlemaniaSA's XU-Hybrid Trading System

kvak wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:38 am New version of Xu ma HL version.
Adde menu for show-hide colored open line.
Candles and ribbon have new autowidth.
For people who like to trade colour changes it's probably as simple as it can get.
I always like to give PA more space for the reason of not losing sight of direction and thus set the Ribbon to 27 and 89 LWMA and added a 63 LWMA (blue).
If an indicator sits too tight it can be misleading as Traders tend to trade bits and pieces of PA gaining nothing in the end, while the money is in pullbacks and reversals i.e. we need to focus and stay with direction. If one wants to trade for a living, moves like shown in the pic should easily make a few Grand each, subject to having sufficient funds in hand.

To prove my point....US30 Asian Session today. After some erratic action early morning, it finally got in line and was easy to trade. Nice moves up and then down. Need to take it easy, have a coffee, read the news and wait. The only purpose for Indicators is to illustrate the PA, so we can figure out at a glance.....ok, time to trade.

update US30.. a little bit later......you can clearly see the purpose of staying with direction. If the Indi had been set too tight, you'd probably have been thinking of a reversal while I made another 100 pips doing nothing.
I guess the explanation should be sufficient now.

ok, last one.....Woohooo...... 400 points at the EU opening only.. .Icing on the cake...What a day.....if you simply followed direction...... I'm done for the day!

These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 13):
BeatlemaniaSA, satyafx, kvak, Mundu19, hannele, chris006, Brett001, msbh, dansmol, stond, RodrigoRT7, DrRumpy, DaffyTaffy

kvak wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:38 am New version of Xu ma HL version.
Adde menu for show-hide colored open line.
Candles and ribbon have new autowidth.

Respected Sir,
If Possible Request you to Please Add Candle Options as present in earlier version like WickWidth, Bodywidth, Use Autowidth True/False to this new ver.

If Possible Please Keep File Name same, so don't have to make new Tpls.

Attached file pic for ref *

Thanks for your Time, Generosity, Efforts, Shares.
Attachments

RplusT wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:52 pm For people who like to trade colour changes it's probably as simple as it can get.
I always like to give PA more space for the reason of not losing sight of direction and thus set the Ribbon to 27 and 89 LWMA and added a 63 LWMA (blue). Traders tend to
trade bits and pieces of PA gaining nothing in the end, while the money is in pullbacks and reversals i.e. we need to focus and stay with direction. If one wants to trade for a living, moves like shown in the pic should easily make a few Grand each, subject to having sufficient funds in hand.

To prove my point....US30 Asian Session today. After some erratic action early morning, it finally got in line and was easy to trade. Nice moves up and then down. Need to take it easy, have a coffee, read the news and wait. The only purpose for Indicators is to illustrate the PA, so we can figure out at a glance.....ok, time to trade.

Respected Sir,
If possible kindly try to share your TPL as it has light colour pallete for chart bgd and indis too use light colour pallete combinations.

Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.
These users thanked the author thomdel for the post:
gerhard_erwin

thomdel wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:55 pm Respected Sir,
If possible kindly try to share your TPL as it has light colour pallete for chart bgd and indis too use light colour pallete combinations.

Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 10):
thomdel, Mundu19, Dracula, charli, dansmol, msbh, stond, RodrigoRT7, DrRumpy, DaffyTaffy

thomdel wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:08 pm If Possible Please Keep File Name same, so don't have to make new Tpls.
thomdei

I am sure this information can be found on this website but I will try to help with regard to your templates.

If you have an indicator that is a different name than the one you were using in your template, it is easier to just edit the template instead of recreating a new template.

It is done very easily: First find your template via windows explorer, double click it and it will open in your default text editor. Now press CTRL F and type in the name of your old indicator which will then find it in the text file. Look at the attached code from my template and you will see <expert>, under that is the indicator name. In the example, change 'name=XU ma HL simple' to the replacement name. Save the text file and away you go. You have asked to have the width and other variables to be selectable too but as long as the internal variable names have not changed, when you load your template it will also read in your variables to the new indicator.

Code: Select all

<indicator>
name=Custom Indicator
<expert>
name=XU ma HL simple
flags=339
window_num=0
<inputs>
STR01=<<<====  Candle Settings ====>>>
showCANDLES=true
WickWidth=2
BodyWidth=3