DislikeRe: Is investing in crypto mining rig is good?

Narutopips wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:59 pm sure it is when you have properly done your estimate very well especially Electricity cost. I tried mining with my GPU laptop, and it was really not worth it due to the amount of electricity it drains. if you have cheap electricity and quiet place you can silence the noise it will be profitable.
Nah no way unless you can figure a way to use someone else's electricity. Forget it.

You'd be better off just trading it to be honest.
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

Re: Is investing in crypto mining rig is good?

ujtrader wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:47 am Thankyou!! for clearly explaining it, so suppose if the concensus change next month then i can still use the rig to mine other coins like ravencoin etc rigth? only eth mining will be affected with the change right?
This is as I understand it yes. You can use the rig to mine other PoW coins which in all honesty might have better yields. I mean I think that we won't see ETH2.0 for a while yet (I'll be surprised if it lands in 2022) but I have no real evidence other than speculation that it's the case. As I say you just have to weigh up the cost and how long you'd be looking at to at least get to break even. Once it does move over and you look at other PoW coins I guess the thing to look at is price stability vs mining/reward rate.
These users thanked the author sebking1986 for the post:
ujtrader

Re: Is investing in crypto mining rig is good?

sebking1986 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:49 pm This is as I understand it yes. You can use the rig to mine other PoW coins which in all honesty might have better yields. I mean I think that we won't see ETH2.0 for a while yet (I'll be surprised if it lands in 2022) but I have no real evidence other than speculation that it's the case. As I say you just have to weigh up the cost and how long you'd be looking at to at least get to break even. Once it does move over and you look at other PoW coins I guess the thing to look at is price stability vs mining/reward rate.
Thankyou!! friend, i got it all...
These users thanked the author ujtrader for the post:
sebking1986