Re: Daily Timeframe SwingTrading Template

Kathy McGarry wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:11 pm Pumba,

Have a look at the attached screenshots,

I don't want to cherrypick pairs, this is as clear as day (to me anyway.
Great Charts, I make sure to also test the ichimoku as the "baseline"

I strangely get WAY more arrow/entry signals using the MACD with your said settings 5/9/13

see screenshot attached, GBP/USD
Attachments
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

early exit indicator:

Warning: This should in most cases only be used when your trade is very close to your entry, to cut your losses short, this shouldnt be used to exit winning trades. pullbacks in a trend are normal.
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

Kathy McGarry wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:55 pm Hey Pumba,

Thanks for your patience.

I migrated to the daily timeframe 3 years ago, and haven't looked back. Because of work commitments and leisure time (you have to live life), I don't have the luxury of watching 15 minute bars go up and down. In saying that, a lot of folk love it. Never-the-less, I have always been an Ichimoku trader. The alternative ichi, is much simpler, so I use that as a baseline (in your words).

The indicators and their descriptions are not mine, they are freely available on this site, or FF or MQL5

The value chart gives me an OB/OS condition, and the MACD the entry.......AFTER the VC has been OB/OS...if that makes sense.
The halftrend is the current trend
MACD 5,13,9

The above is a vague explanation, and I have attached information for your perusal. A bit of light reading won't do any harm... hehehe!

I have to go, will get into details when I get a chance.

Take care, stay safe.

Kath
Hello from the other side of the planet))) Can you specify the rules for entering and exiting a trade on the screen?

Borshchov A.N. wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:45 pm Hello from the other side of the planet))) Can you specify the rules for entering and exiting a trade on the screen?
1: Is your Baseline which shows us the current Trend Blue -> Bullish Trend; Red -> Bearish Trend

2: This is your first entry indicator Blue Candle -> Long signal; Red Candle -> Red signal

3: Is our confirmation indicator (confirming entry) Blue Arrow up -> long signal; Red Arrow down -> short signal

4: I cant count and skipped number 4

5: Volume indicator shows if there is enough Volume to trade, meaning is enough movement there to take a trade Bar above yellow MA = enough Volume -> Take Trade; Bar underneath yellow MA -> not enough Volume dont trade

6: filters out signals where the trend is already overextended, if Sell signal and Candle hits green zone -> dont take trade; if Buy signal and Candle hits red Zone -> dont take trade

7: Indicator is used for early exits, if your trade doesnt go your desired direction, when short trade -> exit when blue crosses up, when long trade -> exit when blue crosses down

I hope this explains it well enough. I plan on sharing trades in this Thread when there comes a valid Signal.

hopefully more members will come along and join this journey. Maybe even add an indicator or delete another one to make this System even more insane!
Attachments
These users thanked the author PumbaPLS for the post:
Borshchov A.N.

PumbaPLS wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:15 pm early exit indicator:

Warning: This should in most cases only be used when your trade is very close to your entry, to cut your losses short, this shouldnt be used to exit winning trades. pullbacks in a trend are normal.
Here's the indicator I used for exit..
Period 10.
These users thanked the author jng640 for the post (total 2):
PumbaPLS, Borshchov A.N.

Borshchov A.N. wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:12 am cannot because it redraws signals
Sorry but both signals there dont redraw. the Arrows are the BH crossings, I just hide the 2MA´s crossing.
the Absolute Strength Histogram also doesnt repaint.

Please try those indicators out before saying things.

Also both were coded/improved my Mr. Tools and can be found in the "daily download thread".
I highly doubt they would be repainting ;)

Also if those would repaint, those signals would be damn awful