Re: Daily Timeframe SwingTrading Template

jng640 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:02 pm The lastest version of XARD is also a great system to trade in Daily TF, especially for swing trade, just follow the MA ribbon and add some filter.

viewtopic.php?f=578267&t=8416709&start=8990
Hey jng640,

Thanks for taking part in this. I have already tried this system, but I got mixed results from it.

But as always, It doesn't matter how good the weapon if the wielder isn't skilled in its use.

Pumba
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

PumbaPLS wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:34 pm Hey jng640,

Thanks for taking part in this. I have already tried this system, but I got mixed results from it.

But as always, It doesn't matter how good the weapon if the wielder isn't skilled in its use.

Pumba
Use Waddah Attar as volume filter, RVI which is build in indicator period 10 as confirmation/exit indicator.
Use the attached indicator as continuation entry..

Well...There's no holy grail system can win all the trades.. :Rofl:
These users thanked the author jng640 for the post:
PumbaPLS

jng640 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:11 pm Use Waddah Attar as volume filter, RVI which is build in indicator period 10 as confirmation/exit indicator.
Use the attached indicator as continuation entry..

Well...There's no holy grail system can win all the trades.. :Rofl:
never did I say anyhting about holy grail, I just stated that I didnt see the results as interesting as I have maybe seen with things I have tested.

I wont deny though that it can catch big trends

thanks for the advice
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

Hey Pumba,

Thanks for your patience.

I migrated to the daily timeframe 3 years ago, and haven't looked back. Because of work commitments and leisure time (you have to live life), I don't have the luxury of watching 15 minute bars go up and down. In saying that, a lot of folk love it. Never-the-less, I have always been an Ichimoku trader. The alternative ichi, is much simpler, so I use that as a baseline (in your words).

The indicators and their descriptions are not mine, they are freely available on this site, or FF or MQL5

The value chart gives me an OB/OS condition, and the MACD the entry.......AFTER the VC has been OB/OS...if that makes sense.
The halftrend is the current trend
MACD 5,13,9

The above is a vague explanation, and I have attached information for your perusal. A bit of light reading won't do any harm... hehehe!

I have to go, will get into details when I get a chance.

Take care, stay safe.

Kath
These users thanked the author Kathy McGarry for the post (total 4):
PumbaPLS, Borshchov A.N., charli, RodrigoRT7

Kathy McGarry wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:55 pm Hey Pumba,

Thanks for your patience.

I migrated to the daily timeframe 3 years ago, and haven't looked back. Because of work commitments and leisure time (you have to live life), I don't have the luxury of watching 15 minute bars go up and down. In saying that, a lot of folk love it. Never-the-less, I have always been an Ichimoku trader. The alternative ichi, is much simpler, so I use that as a baseline (in your words).

The indicators and their descriptions are not mine, they are freely available on this site, or FF or MQL5

The value chart gives me an OB/OS condition, and the MACD the entry.......AFTER the VC has been OB/OS...if that makes sense.
The halftrend is the current trend
MACD 5,13,9

The above is a vague explanation, and I have attached information for your perusal. A bit of light reading won't do any harm... hehehe!

I have to go, will get into details when I get a chance.

Take care, stay safe.

Kath
Thanks a lot for your time, indicators and explainations.

I fully agree, you have to live life! Thats why I started trading to begin with, for more freedom.

The Daily timeframe can achieve exactly that.

Glad to have you around, wish you a good day and month ahead.

Pumba

Thanks to Kathy McGarry and jng640 I think we have made a big step forward in our swingtrading template.

I personally see great potential in this system. I hope more People can contribute in the future and maybe we can get close to our "holy grail" together.