Re: $500 Prize: Let's program the Holy Grail MA together

Just one preliminary question:
If you use D1 period 5 for CCI: doesn't that mean that your signal is basically open all day before it closes and could go every which way while you trade on M15?
The same goes for H4 (but to a lesser degree, i. e. 4 hours)
[/quote]

That is exactly the reason that instead of using MTF stochastic I use MTF CCI and RSI... Daily and H4 stochastic would update after the close of the daily and H4 candle respectively... But CCI and RSI update in real time even when they are applied in MTF mode. When the market changes direction they would change accordingly relatively quickly instead of keeping one waiting till the close of the daily or H4 candle .....
These users thanked the author Mustafa for the post (total 2):
BeatlemaniaSA, KAESER444

OK

so I created this indicator that plots if the current bar is after a highest high or lowest low.
those are drawn in yellow
we KNOW the holy grail reversals have to be one of those, but of course it's always the last one, and we know it's the last one only when we have the next reversal (often too late)
so we need to filter out bad signals.
if someone has an idea I give you the indi so you can play with the settings and try to filter it

what we could also do, rather than try to pinpoint the exact reversal, is to take a reversal, but then reverse earlier than to wait for the yellow reversal (the red ones)
that way "we were wrong ?" no problem we reverse and try again
but maybe focus on trying to make it perfect first
These users thanked the author ionone for the post:
ZZTop

ionone wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:24 am
Quite an effort...
But, as with each and every quest that misinterprets a religious symbol (or is it an allegory?) as a worldly object that - once found - can be exploited in a purely materialistic fashion, it is bound to fail.
People haven't learned a thing since alchemy was state of the art...
It is unclear to me why the (one after the) low does a spike upwards while the high does a spike downwards - anti-intuitive?
As you can see from the random example, you'd have lost a lot of money trying to trade these signals.
Attachments

josi wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:07 am Quite an effort...
But, as with each and every quest that misinterprets a religious symbol (or is it an allegory?) as a worldly object that - once found - can be exploited in a purely materialistic fashion, it is bound to fail.
People haven't learned a thing since alchemy was state of the art...
It is unclear to me why the (one after the) low does a spike upwards while the high does a spike downwards - anti-intuitive?
As you can see from the random example, you'd have lost a lot of money trying to trade these signals.
yes signals are inversed : not OB/OS but the other way around

sure, signals are not to be all taken, because as i said, only the last signal is the right one. but i'm laying down the foundation of the Holy grail, if it exists.

ok so I tried to reverse the signal when the price goes above the highest high of a sell signal, because if it is the real signal, then price CANNOT be over the high of this bar...
so if price goes above the high, it means it was NOT the real HH and we can send a buy signal.
but results aren't profitable unfortunately
check the logs for profits (0.0001 is one pip)
These users thanked the author ionone for the post:
ZZTop

No, I do not. I wish I did. I have made 2 attempts to have CoRa_Wave converted to MQL4 without success. The entries/exits simply didn't match up with the indicator. Both coders were MT4 guys and may not have had the deep knowledge of Pine Script required to make a precise and effective translation.

I do feel that a proper conversion of CoRa_Wave to MQL4 could make for a first class MT4 EA.

Umberleigh

I
These users thanked the author Umberleigh for the post:
RodrigoRT7