Re: $500 Prize: Let's program the Holy Grail MA together

josi wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:01 pm Statistically speaking, just to understand what you are saying:

Even if the answer to my questions is yes, it could be random correlation (i. e. different on the next sample of 100 days). So you'd have to backtest a big sample.
The answer is YES.

I've been keeping statistics for about 3 years and when I publish the results to you, you will be looking for a catch again. Any statistic that you don't make yourself could be wrong. So make your own, research, if you feel like it.
Unfortunately, I don't have Aladdin's magic lamp, so I can predict the future for you. But the past is already fixed.
And now again: The biggest problem is, 'where do I put my SL?'. If we find or re-code something in the fellowship where the turning point to PP can be seen, then we have the holy grail.
Skyold
These users thanked the author Skyold for the post:
erynade
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

TEAMTRADER wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:24 pm Zero is the prime support and resistance level.
+5 and -5 being the second support and resistance level.
+8 and -8 being the third support and resistance level.
Entries are restricted to when the MACD has gone beyond two levels, +8 or -8, +5 or -5 and the level of zero
When one level is crossed a first ‘signal’ is created – there can be no entries unless two levels have been crossed:
For Example
Levels of +8 or -8 have been crossed followed by cross of +5 or -5 OR
Levels of +5 or -5 have been crossed followed by zero cross.
When two signals are received the entry is created with the stop being the value of the chart at the time the MACD has recrossed that level. Very LRT (Low Risk Trade).
If and when the MACD crosses zero or another level a further support or resistance is created and the stop is moved to that value.
I have updated the same chart (Dax 15m) to illustrate the next entry – a small loss if the stop can be accepted so close to the entry value. I have shown the entry (yellow line) which was the stop.
There MUST be a delay in entry until the accurate stop can be achieved.
Does this help?
TEAMTRADER
PS
JUST AS I WAS ABOUT TO SEND THIS POST I SAW ANOTHER BUY TRADE ENTRY CREATED ON THE DAX 15m AND HAVE ATTACHED A FURTHER ILLUSTRATION AS IT IS LIVE.
thanks for the clarification

why no exit here though ?
Attachments

ionone wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:45 pm thanks for the clarification

why no exit here though ?
There could well be an 'EA exit' but the trade should be continued at that point for two reasons:
1. the trailing stop (the black resistance line where MACD crossed zero down) was not broken.
2. the indicator remained under zero
Had there been an auto exit (because of the gap between the signal line and histos) there must be a return into the trade as a continuation trade at the point where the signal line was crossed by the histos again.
Regards
TEAMTRADER

Moving AveragesRe: $500 Prize: Let's program the Holy Grail MA together

:In Love:
TEAMTRADER wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:24 pm Zero is the prime support and resistance level.
+5 and -5 being the second support and resistance level.
+8 and -8 being the third support and resistance level.
Entries are restricted to when the MACD has gone beyond two levels, +8 or -8, +5 or -5 and the level of zero
When one level is crossed a first ‘signal’ is created – there can be no entries unless two levels have been crossed:
For Example
Levels of +8 or -8 have been crossed followed by cross of +5 or -5 OR
Levels of +5 or -5 have been crossed followed by zero cross.
When two signals are received the entry is created with the stop being the value of the chart at the time the MACD has recrossed that level. Very LRT (Low Risk Trade).
If and when the MACD crosses zero or another level a further support or resistance is created and the stop is moved to that value.
I have updated the same chart (Dax 15m) to illustrate the next entry – a small loss if the stop can be accepted so close to the entry value. I have shown the entry (yellow line) which was the stop.
There MUST be a delay in entry until the accurate stop can be achieved.
Does this help?
TEAMTRADER
PS
JUST AS I WAS ABOUT TO SEND THIS POST I SAW ANOTHER BUY TRADE ENTRY CREATED ON THE DAX 15m AND HAVE ATTACHED A FURTHER ILLUSTRATION AS IT IS LIVE.
hi Team,

i think MACD still need "a friend", i mean need another indicator as confirmation.
1. can you add wpr to MACD and compress MACD histogram ? give signal when crossing zero line or little bit high/low then zero
2. or can you add MACD extend histogram ? give signal when the histogram below the curve line
3. upload here to discuss again with the others.

apologize if wrong because i have not coding knowledge maybe other coder here can help ... please

profit regard
erynade
Not too Fast, Not too Slow, "Safe and Profit"

erynade wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:31 pm hi Team,

i think MACD still need "a friend", i mean need another indicator as confirmation.
1. can you add wpr to MACD and compress MACD histogram ? give signal when crossing zero line or little bit high/low then zero
2. or can you add MACD extend histogram ? give signal when the histogram below the curve line
3. upload here to discuss again with the others.

apologize if wrong because i have not coding knowledge

profit regard
erynade
Hi Erynade,
I too have insignificant knowledge of coding but if MACD needs a 'friend', and of course two indicators are better than one, then stochastics would be my indicator of choice as there is 'containment' (zero to 100) within levels on stochs whereas MACD has to be adapted to timeframes and charts.
However two indicator are probably twice as difficult to combine onto an EA rather than one indicator.
My point is to illustrate that levels on indicators such as MACD are very important and overlooked by traders and coders alike.
TEAMTRADER

Skyold wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:10 pm I want to bring you to a completely different thought with this post.
STATISTIC
To be more precise statistics from PIVOT POINT
I keep a statistic from the last 100 days for trading with US30.
And so the results are:
The daily opening price was higher than PP on 57 days and the LOW of the daily candle was below the PP on 40 days. This means a hit rate of 70%

The daily opening price has been lower than PP on 43 days and the HIGH of the daily candle was above the PP on 37 days. This means a hit rate of 86%

If someone has taken a closer look at the charts of mine (thread of XARD), he will see the PP button on each chart.

There is only one problem, otherwise it would be too good to be true. Where do I put my SL???
If we can solve this problem together, then we would have The Holy Grahl.
Skyold

Screenshot (226).png

Hi Sky,

apologize before.

this is my stupid thinking that is really lacking in knowledge

measure your blue horisontal line become vertical line to get SL if accepted because i don't know how to help you :( :stressed:

profit regards

erynade
Not too Fast, Not too Slow, "Safe and Profit"

erynade wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:54 pm Hi Sky,
apologize before.
this is my stupid thinking that is really lacking in knowledge
measure your blue horisontal line become vertical line to get SL if accepted because i don't know how to help you :( :stressed:
profit regards

erynade
Hi erynade,
first I have to mention; any kind of creativity comes from a stupid or crazy idea. So be relaxed and cool.
But I didn't understand your question correctly. Please explain your question in more detail.
Skyold
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

erynade wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:15 pm don't angry ... :(

this?
lenght.png
I think now I understand your question.
Sometimes it is the case that the price moves in the opposite direction, so away from PP and then the price turns and hits the PP.
And sometimes it is the case that the price continues to move and only turns to these PP after a few days.
If you set the SL to the same size as the distance from the daily opening price to PP, then it is unlikely to reach the 75% or 80%.
If you have an idea, I'll be happy about it.
Skyold