Re: Jurik Smoothed Indicators for MT4

josi wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:04 pm Excellent work, thank you.
The gray candles have disappeared: so now there is no neutral zone - either we buy or sell (as MAs don't work very well - if at all - in ranges that might be for the best).
If I am correct the jma-channel that was displayed in the 1st indicator is now gone.
Do you think it might be possible - as a true/false-optoni in the inputs - to bring it back in (as an option) in the next version (should you ever find the time)?
Of course, one can argue that you see the candles and don't need the channel but - especially with all the price options - it is fascinating to see the possible changes.
Update of yesterday's screenshot:
If you combine the candles with trendlines it should be possible to avoid most of false signals.
Hi Josi.
You think add prices to the jma channel candles? I made this two indicators as a stand alone, Iam coding limited,I just didn't know how to put it together.And if I try, there is some issue.... And in this picture is simple jurik filter added, only for visual testing, if I do prices correctly....
Attachments
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 3):
josi, moey_dw, Marktaylor58

kvak wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:19 am Hi all ....
We have average channel candles, Oma channel candles, why not Jurik channel candles :)
Logic is the same if candle closes above, below or in, it gets the appropriate color.
Candles have autoadjust and color option. and a button, for the possibility of a clean graph
Hi.
Sometimes I noticed this issue,it is my coding mistake, sorry for it and please redownload this corrected version :)
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 4):
thomdel, RodrigoRT7, moey_dw, Marktaylor58

kvak wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:47 pm Hi Josi.
You think add prices to the jma channel candles? I made this two indicators as a stand alone, Iam coding limited,I just didn't know how to put it together.And if I try, there is some issue.... And in this picture is simple jurik filter added, only for visual testing, if I do prices correctly....
OK, I understand. Thank you.
I compared your jma channel to jurik filter 1.02?
Could you make a buttoned version of it? With colour change on slope change?
Only when and if you have the time, of course!

josi wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:17 pm OK, I understand. Thank you.
I compared your jma channel to jurik filter 1.02?
Could you make a buttoned version of it? With colour change on slope change?
Only when and if you have the time, of course!
Hi Josi.
Here it is jurik filter 1.02 with button and added AHTF.
In the source file, I marked the code for the button if someone wanted to use it .
Button is only for line, not for arrows...
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 15):
rudiarius, 太虚一毫, vvFish, josi, DVanAssen, Jimmy, moey_dw, Jackson Doh, Skyold, Dandanakka, Musashi, Thangarasu, chris006, Mundu19, Marktaylor58

kvak wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:18 am In the source file, I marked the code for the button if someone wanted to use it .
fascinating........ i thank u for highlight the code for us for buttons.......... gonna give a shot at adding button now thx 2 u bro

Code: Select all

//template code
string GenerateIndicatorName(const string target)
{
   string name = target;
   int try = 2;
   while (WindowFind(name) != -1)
   {
      name = target + " #" + IntegerToString(try++);
   }
   return name;
}
//template code
👆👆👆
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post (total 2):
Jimmy, Marktaylor58
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

InfoRe: Jurik Smoothed Indicators for MT4

Adding this to our topic, this is the new Triple Smoothed Jurik Moving Average by Mrtools & 太虚一毫 as posted here: Triple Jurik Smoothed Moving Average MT4.

This indicator comes with:

• AHTF MTF (Auto higher time frame Multi-timeframe) which can display lower timeframe on higher timeframe charts which is good for scalping and timing intricate entries
  • Custom Timeframe mode
  • On/Off button
  • Low-lag indicator even in MTF mode

Benefits of this indicator explained by 太虚一毫 here:

I think !Triple jurik smooth button (mtf) is the best main trend indicator.

Using MTF, the smooth period number can be changed to 8, 13, 21, 34, 55 and other numbers according to the trader's ideas.

Use !Triple jurik smooth button (mtf) as the main trend indicator, combined with 2-3 better other indicators, you can integrate a very good trading system (including long-term and short-term)!

The characteristics of this type of trading system are: if the order direction is correct, it will make money (this is nonsense); if the order direction is wrong, the error will be corrected at the best time! The so-called best time is to pay the least transaction cost.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 10):
moey_dw, thomdel, A_5, 太虚一毫, Mundu19, vvFish, alexm, Jedidiah, RodrigoRT7, Marktaylor58
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

kvak wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:18 am Hi Josi.
Here it is jurik filter 1.02 with button and added AHTF.
In the source file, I marked the code for the button if someone wanted to use it .
mr kvak do u know what difference is JURIK FILTER vs JURIK MOVING AVERAGE? or it is the same? sorry just a bit confused............. :think: :think: :think:
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post:
Marktaylor58
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

moey_dw wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:56 pm mr kvak do u know what difference is JURIK FILTER vs JURIK MOVING AVERAGE? or it is the same? sorry just a bit confused............. :think: :think: :think:
Hi.
My english is not good but I think that's explained here by Mladen.

A short "forward" : igorad has, by his work on "Jurik filter", given us something of a great value. Finally it was not an indicator based on a decompiled code from Wealth lab, but an original work. But there were some things that were bugging me...

When comparing adaptive indicators (and JMA is adaptive) comparison should be done on longer periods.
Comparing them on a short period is simply not good enough (even some "non adaptive" averages can give very similar results to results given by adaptive indicators on a short period - it simply does
not have time enough to adapt properly) And then some differences emerged. Here is an example

Red is the JMA made after wealth lab decompiled code (coded by Nikolay Kositsin) and blue is igorads version.
Period 50, phase 0.

The issue is immediately visible. In some cases difference is significant. And that was bothering me. Not that I am a fan of JMA, but was curious why does it happen. So l made some changes. The changed version some of you are already using without knowing it (the jurik smoothed versions) It was a first attempt to remove that difference (it almost always happens after the gaps, but sometimes differences accumulate even in the calm periods) Here is a comparison of the 3. Additional green line is that version that was trying to remove that difference after the gaps (still period 50, phase 0).

And still some issues

Well, this is yet another version. The idea is to make even adapting adaptive. And the idea is, in the end, not to bother to much with JMA but to see what can be done in making a moving average that might be a bit faster than JMA but to preserve the smoothness and the response for sudden changes.

This is the result:

The yellow line is the newest one. Still period 50, smooth o. Differences do not happen just in periods like these (after the gaps), but in almost every sudden price change (an example with such fast changes)

At short periods they are almost the same but the differences start to show at longer periods. Tried to keep that relation since we do need smoothness at every period but we do need a fast response to reversals too on a long periods. The "1" in the name of the indicator is simply there because I am leaving this as an "open project": if I come up with something that might improve it, will post it. The changes made are (at least I feel so) improving the indicator a bit and that is the reason why I am posting it at this stage too

As of phase - this is a quote from Mark Jurik:

"JMA not only allows you to select "smoothness", but you can also fine tune with it's PHASE setting. PHASE lets you customize a trade-off between lag and overshoot, giving you greater control over JMA's behaviour."

• Phase +100 makes the ma overshoot
  • Phase -100 makes it lag
  • Phase 0 is a kind of a "neatural" setting

PS: the "Jurik Simple" is faster than the original JMA (it is an improved Jurik Moving Average) so do not expect to get exactly the same results.
As a rule of thumb, with the same parameters Jurik Simple will give signals earlier.

These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 10):
太虚一毫, LittleCaro, moey_dw, Musashi, erynade, Jimmy, DansPortal, BeatlemaniaSA, RodrigoRT7, Marktaylor58