Re: Trading Pullbacks System

RplusT wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:35 pm Oh, no, I'd never place a a short trade when the move has gone that far. Trades on this chart are to be taken off the SSL (or Gann Hi/lo if you want) and the Main Indicator M5. That's where the "Pullbacks" are. No trades in-between the "holes" either i,e, direction changes unless confirmed. As I use the M1 chart, the H1 is for orientation and I don't mind to trade against it (off the M5 Indicator) if there is plenty of space between the M5 and the H1.

Something like this.....to get the idea. Have highlighted the Hi's and Lo's with a Semafor.
Hi boss..is the TR2 indicator repaint?

Daddyhan wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:19 pm Hi boss..is the TR2 indicator repaint?
"Hi boss"....nope, I'm just a trader, not an authority.......... :D

An Indicator used in MTF mode does not "repaint" but needs to recalculate till the conditions on that higher TF are met.
For example: if you use a 5M on a 1M chart, the indicator will remain in place at the 1M chart once the conditions on the 5M are met. If not so, you may see that the beginning maybe postponed.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
Chickenspicy

RplusT wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:04 am "Hi boss"....nope, I'm just a trader, not an authority.......... :D

An Indicator used in MTF mode does not "repaint" but needs to recalculate till the conditions on that higher TF are met.
For example: if you use a 5M on a 1M chart, the indicator will remain in place at the 1M chart once the conditions on the 5M are met. If not so, you may see that the beginning maybe postponed.

Thank you for the fast response.
These users thanked the author Daddyhan for the post:
Chickenspicy

[quote=RplusT post_id=1295482766 time=1657717080 user_id=4866937]
OMG.....what a Pullback.....700 points.....What, no Pullback? Well, then have a look at the D1.
No, I did not trade that....Can't anticipate such move as it could go anywhere. But looking at the daily it all makes sense.

yes in hindsight I like the 1H also I had one SD 1H zone open and with the trendline it matches. But after the fact ( I do not trade Dow) . Again I want to make a suggestion as I did in the first post: if your broker allows trade multiple timeframes on 1 pair with the same strategy you will be hedged sometimes and will benefit from different time cycles
Attachments

Meyney wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:04 am
yes in hindsight I like the 1H also I had one SD 1H zone open and with the trendline it matches. But after the fact ( I do not trade Dow) . Again I want to make a suggestion as I did in the first post: if your broker allows trade multiple timeframes on 1 pair with the same strategy you will be hedged sometimes and will benefit from different time cycles
Forgive me, I'm puzzled. If I place 10 trades for 1 pair looking at different TFs, the only thing my broker will see are 10 orders. Or do I miss something here?