ChartIchimoku System: Chikou Span (Lagging Span) below or above price issue in MQL4

Hello Pro-Coders,

I wonder if someone could help me with my issue regarding Chikou Span (Lagging Span) below or above price.
I would like to use this as an indicator in my Ichimoku EA, but for some reasons the EA is just taking short trades,
but no long trades. When I leave the Chikou Span out the EA will take long and short trades.

Code: Select all

int ChikouIndicatorSignal()
  {
   int i;
   int ChikouSignal;
   int BarShift = iBarShift(NULL,TimeFrame,Time[i],0); // BarShift 0

// Validate Trend Direction
// Close Positions if Chikou touch Price:

double v_CHIKOUSPAN   = iIchimoku(NULL, 0, e_tenkan_sen, e_kijun_sen, e_senkou_span_b, MODE_CHIKOUSPAN, BarShift);

if (v_CHIKOUSPAN < Low[25])ChikouSignal =-1; //short
if (v_CHIKOUSPAN > High[25])ChikouSignal =1; //long

return(ChikouSignal);
  }

When I use the TENKANSEN instead of "High" and "Low" the results are the same, just short trades no long trades.

double v_TENKANSEN  = iIchimoku(NULL, 0, e_tenkan_sen, e_kijun_sen, e_senkou_span_b, MODE_TENKANSEN, BarShift);
double v_CHIKOUSPAN   = iIchimoku(NULL, 0, e_tenkan_sen, e_kijun_sen, e_senkou_span_b, MODE_CHIKOUSPAN, BarShift);

if (v_CHIKOUSPAN < v_TENKANSEN) ChikouSignal =-1;
if (v_CHIKOUSPAN > v_TENKANSEN) ChikouSignal =1;
Thank you in advance!

Re: Ichimoku System: Chikou Span (Lagging Span) below or above price issue in MQL4

Dear hobbytrader,

That is a funny issue, perhaps you can try a work around.

Here is what I suggest, simplify things by using the simplest form of chikou. That is the close of the 26 last bar, aka what the chikou normally is.
Next, using the barshift i+0, you will be comparing to a changing value while the bar is still closing to what you put the high/ low of 25th bar, so should work.
You can also just try with

int BarShift =0;
if that is causing some issues with internal mt4.

Had an issue like this in another EA and flipping the buy and sell instruction seemed to solve my issues, don't remember why. So also worth a try if the above does not work.

to

Hope that helps ^_^

Re: Ichimoku System: Chikou Span (Lagging Span) below or above price issue in MQL4

Hi Tzamo,

thank you for you suggestion! Unfortunately the EA is still only doing short trades as soon as the CHIKOUSPAN is involved.
I even tried a simpler approach like below, but the result is the same, only short trades are executed.

int ChikouIndicatorSignal()
  {
 	int ChikouSignal;
 	int BarShift =0;

double v_TENKANSEN  = iIchimoku(NULL, 0, e_tenkan_sen, e_kijun_sen, e_senkou_span_b, MODE_TENKANSEN, BarShift);

if (v_CHIKOUSPAN < v_TENKANSEN) ChikouSignal =-1;
if (v_CHIKOUSPAN > v_TENKANSEN) ChikouSignal =1;

return(ChikouSignal);
  }