Quotation For Coding Task

Hi there coders, I Wanted to consult you to know how much would cost to fix this indicator here called cumulative delta. This is the best cumulative delta I have ever seen for MT4, it is spot on but it has a downfall: it does not plot historical data when you load it. It starts plotting as the ticks come live. It has a "record ticks" function to save history, but I think it is badly implemented because when you load the indicator and it plots the historical data from the tick file, the historical data looks good, but then the new data plotted with the incoming live ticks look weird, off, distorted, you just can´t trust it. Then if you wanna use the indicator you have to leave your computer on logged into the MT4 from evening til the next day so you have half a day of data to analyze e compare levels for the day, and This is unsustainable. I would say that even half day of data is not enough because the quantity of data have an impact on how the recent data is plotted. The less data, less reliable (example attached).This is unsustainable. I thought I had found a solution by running the indi on strategy tester and grabbing the recorded ticks file there, it works but just for historical analysis, because as soon as the ticks come, the new plotted data is off. So what I have been doing, which is a pain in the ass, is running strategy tester every 5min to see the current correct data, that is awful... I really can´t understand why it works so beautifully in strategy tester, but then live it fucks up. So I think that a solution for this is to embed in the cumulative delta code the same algorithm used by strategy tester to simulate the ticks by reading the 1min .HST file, and this way fooling the indicator. This solves the problem of not having historical data when we load the indicator, just add an option to choose how many bars to load historically in indi settings. The indicator will read the 1min .HST every second to plot live, will not use the incoming live ticks. Another user input that I want is a "reset time" input, so I the calculation will reset to zero level at every daily bar (00:00 in my case), or NY open (16:30 in my case), it no time set then indi just keeps plotting as it does now, continuously.

I have found those articles here that explains how the ticks are simulated in the strategy tester using the 1min data, so it is just a matter of embedding this code into the cumulative delta code:

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1511

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/75

Here I show you how the cumulative delta plotted using simulated ticks is doing a better job than the data plotted with the incoming live ticks:

Here the indicator to mod:
These users thanked the author logicgate for the post:
Kiwi
Alberto Gauer Borrego seller on MQL5 aka Rogue_Trader / LogicGate / Gauer

Re: Quotation For Coding Task

Hi, it only works with incoming ticks.

To be able to have history, you have to run the indicator on the tester and grab the file.

But the problem with MT4 is that the tester will use artificial ticks, and when you grab the file generated by the indicator using artificial ticks, to load history on a live chart, when the live ticks start coming the data plotted won´t match the one from the tester and the data starts to look compressed and skewed.

That is why I had it converted to MT5, because the tester there uses real ticks.
Alberto Gauer Borrego seller on MQL5 aka Rogue_Trader / LogicGate / Gauer