NO LINKS OR MQL SOURCE CODE REQUESTS. Please follow the rules.

Re: Indicators with ON/OFF buttons

Recently kvak posted a button indicator and highlighted how to add the Button code. I've never coded anything but it motivated me to at least try before requesting help from one of this site's generous coders. My first (failed) attempt a few weeks ago resulted in a conversation with kvak which proved very helpful:
viewtopic.php?p=1295439755#p1295439755

I decided to give it another go, taking on board kvak's helpful advice. The result is a button on the Chandelier Exit indicator. It's not perfect but it works. I'm posting it, not just because it's a great indicator but to show you all that anyone can do this. A big thanks to kvak!
2021-08-16 ATR stop button.png
Chandelier Stops_v1.mq4
(15.43 KiB) Downloaded 96 times

Edit: I noticed later that I had taken the Indicator Name out after getting a compile error so when you right-clicked there was no name on the indicator. I think I have fixed that. As a bonus, I've added alerts. They seem to work. Revised indicator attached.
Chandelier Stops_v1a BT.mq4
(19.78 KiB) Downloaded 93 times

I have a question about the coding of these Buttons and am asking for some coding advice please. The attached 2 buttons both work as intended but for whatever reason if I try to delete them, the button (chart object) remains on the chart. Clearly I have made a coding error but due to my very limited knowledge I have no idea how to fix it. Any advice or code solution would be very much appreciated.

The following buttons are the recently added !SSL by Mr Tools and a fairly old version of the Step One More Average. I tried later versions of the latter (Step OMA 2.2 and 2.3 mtf) and while loading successfully they didn't perform as expected after a few button clicks.

Please note the button removal issue pertaining to both of these buttons.

2021-08-20 SSL Button.png
2021-08-20 STEP OMA Button.png
!!SSL BT.mq4
(10.14 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
step one more average 2.1 BT.mq4
(15.48 KiB) Downloaded 101 times

Edit: Updated fixed versions in posts below

Jackson Doh wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:02 pm
I have a question about the coding of these Buttons and am asking for some coding advice please. The attached 2 buttons both work as intended but for whatever reason if I try to delete them, the button (chart object) remains on the chart. Clearly I have made a coding error but due to my very limited knowledge I have no idea how to fix it. Any advice or code solution would be very much appreciated.

The following buttons are the recently added !SSL by Mr Tools and a fairly old version of the Step One More Average. I tried later versions of the latter (Step OMA 2.2 and 2.3 mtf) and while loading successfully they didn't perform as expected after a few button clicks.

Please note the button removal issue pertaining to both of these buttons.

!!SSL BT.mq4

step one more average 2.1 BT.mq4
Hi bro.
Nice work.
In your indy you miss deinit section...check line 118,119. same add to step oma.
!!SSL BT.mq4
(10.23 KiB) Downloaded 97 times

@ Banzai

Respected Sir,
Request you to Please See this Request.

1) Please Add Buttons with unique id to Indi : Murrey Math_All TF_m(Line_On_off)1.1
( this version has more options / editable labels - This Indi is diff from another MM Button Indi.)

2) If possible, Please Add Option : Show Lines for Today Only : True / False

Thanks for your Efforts & Generosity.
Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.
Murrey Math_All TF_m(Line_On_off)1.1.mq4
(49.49 KiB) Downloaded 53 times

thomdel wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:38 pm
@ Banzai

Respected Sir,
Request you to Please See this Request.

1) Please Add Buttons with unique id to Indi : Murrey Math_All TF_m(Line_On_off)1.1
( this version has more options / editable labels - This Indi is diff from another MM Button Indi.)

2) If possible, Please Add Option : Show Lines for Today Only : True / False

Thanks for your Efforts & Generosity.
Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.
Murrey Math_All TF_m(Line_On_off)1.1.mq4
(49.49 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
I still don't know how to do request #2.
I was able to add a UniqueID.
Murrey Math_All TF_m(Line_On_off)1.1 button.mq4
(56.42 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
MurreyMath01.png
EURUSDM15.png
To Reduce CPU and RAM usage -- MT4 > Tools > Options > Chart --->> Decrease "max bars in history" and "max bars in chart" (My setting is 5000)

Banzai wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:03 am
Beck's_Emblem

Released date: July 30th, 2020, by jeanlouie

Sorry Banzai,
as regard Emblem, can you please convert it for mt5?I work a lot with sacred geometry and for me it would be very helpful.
thanks in advance

uradello wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:08 pm
Sorry Banzai,
as regard Emblem, can you please convert it for mt5?I work a lot with sacred geometry and for me it would be very helpful.
thanks in advance
Uh, I don't have the source code and don't know much about MQL5.
To Reduce CPU and RAM usage -- MT4 > Tools > Options > Chart --->> Decrease "max bars in history" and "max bars in chart" (My setting is 5000)

1. Similar Topics

1. Off Quotes

1 Replies 136 Views

by DansPortal, Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:32 am in Coding Help

1 Replies
    2. 0 Replies
    3. Two indicators in the window

5 Replies 1621 Views

by juanlu999, Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:51 am in MT4 Indicators

5 Replies

Return to “MT4 Indicators”

Users viewing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], alextschem, CommonCrawl [Bot], easetup13, francisfinley stimpy, FXSurf, Jimmy, jo1234ao, kafe65, Meyney, mh152, MicroLite, Milad8732, phnthnhnm, pi_369, rudiarius, thomdel, YeshuaYoke, 太虚一毫 and 79 guests